"You're still fat"

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't the proper reply to "You're still fat" is "And you are ugly but I can cure my fat problem"
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In reply to "your still fat" comments....

Yup they who speak in such a shallow way, speak volumes about their value system! I personally would rather be surrounded by KIND people and those who discern by personality than outward appearances any day! With that said, I am guilty of self sabotage but thinking negative thoughts that are often associated with food and words like FAT.... Tacked to deep emotions of fear of abandonment.... Go figure!
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This is a good example of why we need to teach our children kindness at a young age. I made my son at 9 or 10 go knock on the door of someone he was cruel to and apologize, I also made him call a classmate one time. I have two other children and it's the one thing I will never except.
  • genkimomof2
    genkimomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live in Asia. Many many of my friends (who are well within their ideal body weight range) are thrown when they move here because women are expected to be anexorically thin (as in, I can't believe their toothpick legs can even support their bodies) and shopkeepers rush to them when they enter the shop informing them that "we have no clothes for fat girls here" even though they are a size 8....

Now I'm a size 16 (down from a 26 three years ago) and my co-worker just said the same thing to me "Yeah I noticed you're a little slimmer these days, but you're still very very fat you know..." Oh really, I didn't know, thanks for educating me...

But you gotta laugh at these people because they live in a very sad world where they compete for the smallest lunches, and bemoan how they gain weight even as they shrink their meals to walnut-sized proportions and watch and criticize each other and don't enjoy life and all it has to offer.

Are we here because we want to be what society wants us to be? That's a losing battle because NONE of us will EVER be what the media and beauty industry want us to think we need to be....even supermodels can't meet all their expectations which is why different models are used for different things....some for their body type, others are hand models, others are face models, others foot models. And all are air brushed and photoshopped beyond reality. Those girls can laugh at you all they want, but they, too, are still ugly, still disproportionate, still have eyes too small, too close set, teeth still crooked, still freckles, still have cellulite, still have normal human variations that they think are imperfections, etc etc. And they know it.

If you are exercising, eating real, clean, unprocessed foods, drinking in moderation, and smoke-free, you will live to a ripe old age and have very good quality of life in your golden years no matter how much you weigh, this is the truth, according to recent research. Fat (even obese) people with these four healthy habits have the same life expectancy as thin people. However, overweight people who do not exercise, smoke, drink, and eat junk are 7 times more likely to die younger than genetically predisposed and die painfully (diabetes, heart disease, etc). THAT should be why you are here, not because you gave a crap about what some idiot in a car says to you as they drive by. ..

people who criticize you are themselves much criticized and self-critical and their hate reflects the amount of self hate they have for themselves. They are to be pitied, not taken personally.

Hugs! Keep jogging, keep eating well, quit smoking, and don't overdo it on the wine and you will outlive those fools and be able to say..." I may still be fat, but you're still dead, lady..." if you so choose.
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I recall being laughed at one day, years ago at the gym by some jerk...and my thought was, "Well damn...if I was stuffing my face at a Krispy Kreme, then maybe you'd have a point. But I'm ACTUALLY exercising and trying to put in real effort - what the hell ELSE do you want???"

Forget those girls and do you! And ditto on what others said about Karma...
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    noexcusesjustresults2014 Posts: 212 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tjfrisque wrote: »
    This is a good example of why we need to teach our children kindness at a young age. I made my son at 9 or 10 go knock on the door of someone he was cruel to and apologize, I also made him call a classmate one time. I have two other children and it's the one thing I will never except.

You sound like a great mom! I bet your kids will never yell such cruel things out of a car window.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Karma has a funny way of working these things out. All the pretty, skinny girls that used to taunt me in junior high are now fat women with fat little kids. I wouldn't wish weight issues on anyone, especially a child, but when I see those mean girls schlepping around with their obese children, I have to wonder if they remember how terribly they treated girls that look just like their own kids, and can only hope they've learned how to be nice to someone regardless of their weight.

I'm proud of you for working through the shame those strangers hurled at you. Keep up the good work!

^^That pretty much describes my story perfectly!
    Don't you worry, hon, those chicks will get their just desserts and hopefully it will go straight to their thighs! :wink:

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to imagine people being so cruel, but I know they are. Look, I am really sorry this happened to you. I know it hurts hurts hurts!! So what if you are "still fat?" Those girls have issues of their own...obviously, or they wouldn't be trying to forget them by hurting you. You are amazing and making wonderful progress and you made the choice to be healthy. No one can take that away from you!!! Just know I feel for you and you will achieve your goals and rise above ANYONE who tries to bring you down!!!
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    F them, you look great

Agree, forget those ignorant fools, they don't even know. You totally rock, you handled this with dignity and overcame! Love your message at the end. Keep it up beautiful lady :)
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    They sound like a bunch of insecure, little *kitten*! Ah man, I have had all sorts of people yell stuff at me out of cars and no matter what it never hurts any less. Just remember that the jokes on them, you are the biggest now that you will ever be and each day you will be a slightly slimmer and a better you. No-one can kill your spirit or motivation to be a healthier and happier you! I had an egg thrown at me once and cried like a baby covered in yolk lol but it only motivated me more.