Insanity! DAY 1-- anyone else out there gone INSANE?

Options
Hello! I have recently lost 15 lbs- at a reasonable and healthy rate-- over about 20 weeks. I wanted to step it up, and was inspired by a friend who did the INSANITY program, and got serious results.

Today is my first day of INSANITY workout and diet. My goal is to drop another 15 lbs in the next 60 days. A

Anyone else out there doing INSANITY? Or has already done it? Or thinking about it?

Replies

• gsnthensome
    gsnthensome Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I was looking for the same thing. I love it, BUT, my joints hurt for a few days afterwards so I only do it on days where I have way too much energy that I don't know what to do with it all. :). ....so I took up running instead. I still do ab work and other work outs, but running is my main thing now.
  • EricJamal
    Options
    I did it once. It is really intense lol, but it does give good results. Good luck with it!
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive been through the entire program twice and got great results. Lost more inches than weight.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 10 this morning! It has earned its name. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. Good luck!
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    just did day 5 today, feel free to add like said above :D
  • jessican717
    jessican717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for years and in the last year became a certified insanity instructor. I love it and hope you do also. I have seen positive results in every client of mine. Even w/in 1st 2 weeks. Keep it up and be excited!!! If you find yourself lagging.....get a partner to do it with. Remember its all bout nutrition. If your eating a good source of complex carbs, protein, and fat you will have energy to do Insanity every day. You can also check your local fitness facilities to find a certified insanity instructor. Good Luck...you will def get results!!!!
  • fizzylizzy4
    fizzylizzy4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 yesterday- onto day 4 today.

I'm feeling great! I'm not able to do all of the workout- I am doing some modifications. I just keep moving. I still end up drenched in sweat and sore.

Are you following the diet? I'm using it as a guideline. Some days I work long hours that don't allow for me to eat exactly what and when I should.

Keep it up!
  • fizzylizzy4
    fizzylizzy4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 10 this morning! It has earned its name. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. Good luck!

Way to stick with it! only 50 more days for you to go!

Are you noticing more energy? I am feeling great and it's only been 4 days!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Im on the third week. i havent lost any weight or inches yet but I feel stronger than I did on day 1 and I can go harder than when I started, too.
  • Cat232013
    Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 19. I love it but haven't seen amazing results yet. Muscle tone has definitely improved as have my fit test results and my measurements are a little improved but no weight loss. I've followed the nutrition plan pretty closely but I've read that it can take until month 2 to see big results so I'm persevering! A bit of toning is alright for now but I'm hoping by day 63 I'll have lost at least a few lbs!

Good luck :)
  • Cat232013
    Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im on the third week. i havent lost any weight or inches yet but I feel stronger than I did on day 1 and I can go harder than when I started, too.

I'm glad its not just me!
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My last day is next Saturday!! I love insanity.
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today. I've lost about 2 pounds so far, but I definitely feel a difference in my legs and stomach!!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I finished it last week. Feel free to add me as a friend. Happy to answer any questions.
  • ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Halfway through week 4 :)
  • missfitfox
    Options
    I puked after the fit test and don't think I tried it again haha but that was when I was first starting my journey; maybe I should give it another try since I'm 30 some pounds down!
  • NewspaperMomma
    NewspaperMomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    good thing theyre is insanity workouts to focus on different body parts, but after pushing myself for a week,
    it was hard for me to take a weekend off,
    even though my body was hurting pretty bad from the Intense workout.
    they feel great, make a body sore though,
    I've been at it for 2 weeks now, and can safely say goodbye to 3Lbs.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've completed one round and LOVED it! I still use it randomly for cardio during the week, and look forward to another round in January
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It's a great program - love the cardio intervals/bodyweight combination.

Beware though it is tough - you will not be able to do everything at first (and maybe not even at the end!) but as you'll see even the people on TV need to take breaks, so be honest with yourself and do what you can - you'll be amazed at how quick your endurance / strength improves.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of my recovery week now. I absolutely love Insanity! It's definitely no joke, but also really fun. I haven't lost a whole bunch of weight since I started, but I'm a lot stronger (hello big kid pushups!), and there have been huge changes in my body.

I feel a little nervous about month two, but am also looking forward to it.

Good luck!