Insanity! DAY 1-- anyone else out there gone INSANE?

Options

Replies

• TammyGKRN
    Options
    Yes my gym added Insanity October 1st!! Love love the class!! Is brutal and harsh and will get you out of the way!! It makes you understand it is 100% mental always!! LOVE IT AND HOOKED!!! :love:
  • slpaul100
    slpaul100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two, day two. I just purchased a HRM to go along with it and normally have a 'race' scheduled on my 'off' day. I say 'race' because I typically walk half and jog half. So far I've done two 5Ks. Have an 8K on Sunday.

So far I've lost one pound, but I'm also eating more because I always feel like I'm starving! Feel free to add me. I love new friends and giving/receiving positive motivation.

Oh, and my diary is public if you like being a voyeur. :blushing:
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 7 and I have done it 1.5 times before. It's a tough workout that offers great results if you stick with it and eat right while you do it.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've completed it once already, and am on the second week of my second round right now!

I lost a lot of inches the first time around and hope to have a similar experience this time. It's been 8 months since I completed my last round, and am a little smaller now so I'm not sure what sort of results I'll actually have.

Advice I learned from my first round: take a joint supplement and fish oil daily (to help keep your joints lubed), and an ibuprofen when needed (to relieve swelling and inflammation of joints/muscles).

**I am in no way a Dr. and the above advice is simply what worked/helped for me**
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've done multiple rounds...right now I am hybriding it with P90X and some T25. :smile:
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i am on week 4 day 4. i dont feel like i have progressed much :(
  • thisismylifeeeee
    Options
    On day 3 ! :) calves and thighs are already killing me but in a good way ;)
  • fizzylizzy4
    fizzylizzy4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    On day 3 ! :) calves and thighs are already killing me but in a good way ;)

My calves are hurting me more than any other muscle. It's strange, I never have sore calves.

Hopefully the soreness will go away in a week or so. Keep it up!
  • rowec270
    Options
    Starting Insanity on Monday and so excited! Feel free too add me:)
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job already - and good update! i've done multiple rounds of P90X, X2, and Asylum - stick with it!!!, you'll be fine : )
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first round last Saturday!
    I love it!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My calves are hurting me more than any other muscle. It's strange, I never have sore calves.

I could barely walk the first two times I did Insanity. My calves killed me but I continued and it got better. The third time I started I didn't have that problem but maybe because it hadn't been that long since I finished it before.
  • Is it too late to reply? LOL 5th day and my glutes are killing me!
  • fizzylizzy4
    fizzylizzy4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've completed day 12!! I am loving it and I already have results- clothes are fitting better and I'm down 4 lbs.

The soreness on my calves and butt have gone away. Just trying to keep up with the diet- it's a challenge to meet my protein requirements.

Will be buying shakeology soon. Anyone have a prefer a specific flavor?

Hope others that have started up INSANITY are doing well. GOOD Luck!~
  • Malachai76
    Options
    Done Insanity twice it's amazing I see you wanna lose 15lbs you'll smash that, month 2 really ups the anti, just finished T25 that is also an awesome workout, I've had chocolate and vanilla shakeo chocolate is much better, but add stuff to it, you get a chart with that gives you a load of recipes to mix it up a bit.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    We do the 30 minute version at my gym and its only 2x a week right now.. I burn between 350 and 400 calories.
    The people on the commercial make it look easy. .Oh wow is it hard and I am drenched after 30 minutes.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Insanity back up today.. I was going to wait till the 18th of November but I want to get started today.. Anybody else starting today..
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I began Insanity when I was at a plateau and hadn't lost anything in months. Though I didn't lose any weight during the program, I lost inches and my cardio endurance was OUT OF THIS WORLD by the end. I believe it helped jump start my weight loss again as shortly after I finished I began to lose weight. Make sure you're eating enough. I recommend investing in Beachbody's Results and Recovery formula. It's friggin delicious and cuts down on your muscle soreness in a BIG WAY. It's a bit expensive (about $50 for a month's worth) but it's worth it to get for the to month duration of the program. You'll notice a big difference. Good luck!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've done multiple rounds...right now I am hybriding it with P90X and some T25. :smile:

Me TOO!! ^^
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round, heading into month 2. Insanity is GREAT!!!! It is a little rough on my joints though.....still gets my stamp of approval :-)