Mom's Before & After Pics

Good Morning All!

I am staring over for the Umpteenth time since I've decided that I need to make a change. I find it quite tough to stay focused and motivated:ohwell: ! I'm not a single mom, but as a military wife, it’s usually just my daughter and I. I tend to put so much focus on HER well being that I ignore my own. This time around though, I feel so

:smile: Are there any other mommies out there that could share an encouraging word and some Before & After pics?:smile:

Maybe share a little of what you did... How did you regain focus after having children? I have a family member who is also working to get her post pregnancy body back after having twins. She's new to MFP so I can't wait to share this information with her. I am trying to show her that MFP members are GREAT support systems!

THANKS LADIES! I cant wait to see those pics!
-Shay

Replies

• lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Fell free to add me- ( I hope this works- never get pics right)

Untitled1-1.png

Untitled2-1.png

I have had some trouble maintaining and have sadly gained a few LBS- I am looking for new friends to help keep me on track :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Everytime I wanted to quit I reminded myself that to be a good role model, I needed to be in good health. To be able to take care of my children well, I needed to take care of myself. That if I needed extra energy, it waited for me at the end of a great workout.

I used a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs post partum, but her moves are rough on your knees, so watch out.

Now I use bodyrock.tv and thedailyhiit.com, both are free, most workouts are short, and the environment is very motivational.

Make sure you're eating good healthy foods 80% of the time, not "low fat" "low cal" options, but REAL, WHOLE foods. Fruits, veggies, and lean protein. Want a candy bar or a slice of pizza? Ok, eat it! But eat it slooooooow. Savor it. Stick to only 20% junk (if even that much). Then remind yourself that to see the body you want in the mirror, it takes dedication, and get back to work ;)

Remember that to see long lasting results, you need to make lifestyle changes. And remember that there are lots of us here who've been there, done that, and we're here to help!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    You look fantastic!! I love the facial changes..
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    what awesome motivation, and great tips to share. I'm always looking for new workouts to try so I'm anxious to check out your recommendations.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Hi,

Thank you! Thank your family for their service! Children learn my watching, imitating and practicing what they see.

By following good nutrition and taking care of yourself you are teaching your daughter:

I am valuable!
    When I face tough choices (cookies vs carrots) I have the strength to make a good choice and take care of myself
    I am responsible for my choices

By restarting:
    I can face any problem and work hard to get through it!
    I am not willing to give up on myself! I believe in myself!
    No matter what the problem - with faith and hard work - I will see results.

You are teaching your daughter that you are an amazing woman with strength determination and a fierce attitude! That will serve her well! Enjoy the journey!
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    59d512ff-130a-426c-9dd9-7f13c01ca8bb_zpsb27ee550.jpg

You can do anything you set your mind to. When you feel like giving up, think about why you started!

Feel free to add me!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    wow!!! What a difference!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    You look awesome!
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    It works! I started when my daughter was 8 weeks old, and I've lost 65 lbs so far. Slow and steady, but consistent. Log it all, every bite, and get up and move! I am very proud of what I've accomplished this past year :) I know you can do it too!! My comparison pic is in my profile.
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    WOW!!! AWESOME TRANSFORMATION!!!!! Thank you for sharing this!
    Fell free to add me- ( I hope this works- never get pics right)

Untitled1-1.png

Untitled2-1.png

I have had some trouble maintaining and have sadly gained a few LBS- I am looking for new friends to help keep me on track :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    YOU LOOK AMAZING! Thank you for sharing!
    59d512ff-130a-426c-9dd9-7f13c01ca8bb_zpsb27ee550.jpg

You can do anything you set your mind to. When you feel like giving up, think about why you started!

Feel free to add me!
  • Glissenklw
    Glissenklw Posts: 40 Member
    I don't know how to make pics appear in chat forum, but you can add me as a friend and see all of my progress pics on my profile. I started using MFP on January 5th of this year, and have lost 60 lbs. I am not quite to my goal, still have 20-30 lbs I really want to lose, but I am on my way. This site has been so encouraging and for the first time since having kids, I have actually stuck to my plan. The support and encouragement are critical to accomplishing a lifestyle change for a healthier you! I know you can do it, because I am doing it now! I'm just working out 4-6 days a week, pushing myself, and really trying to eat healthier...no fad diets or magic pills over here, I want this to be a lasting effort. If you would like a buddy, we can definitely encourage and motivate each other...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Great job! let those little ones be your motivation!!
  • Fell free to add me- ( I hope this works- never get pics right)

Untitled1-1.png

Untitled2-1.png

YES!!! You look great!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    You can do it. I am a single mom of 2, I work fulltime and I am attending classes, you can do it but you have to find what works for you. I workout during my lunch now and love it and I find time to get in a little something on the weekends.

We as mothers tend to forget about ourselves but remember if we are not right our kids will be affected. You may not think they are but it does. Now that I am losing again I am so much more happier, I have more patience, less stressed, all great benefits.

You can do it just remember you didnt get this way over night, it will take time and slow, steady and permanently gone, is much better than fast, quick, and temporary losses.

Good Luck and Happy Shedding :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Hey, Im 25, 5'3 and 185... i have a 4 year old boy/man lol, and work full time at a dealership! I have a boyfriend but he has 2 jobs so im usually alone during the week. With Work, cooking, cleaning, taking care of my son and everything else, i constanly fall off track. I RESTARTED this journey again last month and im re-focused. Im always on here so feel free to add me!!! and anyone else on here :bigsmile:
  • Mimmaw
    Mimmaw Posts: 18
    I have 4 kids, their ages range between 23 through 16, I just began my weight loss journey at the end of august 2012, I had been heavy since i had my first daughter, 23 years ago, But the pounds just kept packing on! My kids grew up with a fat mom, after my first grandson was born, it really began to bother me, here i had this beautiful grandson that i never felt like doing anything with, then i looked back at my kids growing up, and there is so much i missed, I was either tired..or felt sick, to be very honest suicide crossed my mind several times a day, I began trying every diet i could find, spending hundreds of dollars, i was lost, my daughter also began putting on lbs after her son and she was miserable, she along with me was spending money, trying to find the miracle pill.. one day she took to the internet and she came across MFP and began researching about eating lowering calories..she began and was excited, so i joined knowing I'd be on it a week then drop off..but nope, i have lost 90something lbs from being here..This place changed my life, and with the support of my children and my grandsons, i keep fighting the good fight....When i feel like i can't lose another lb, i look at my old photos and i remember how horrible i felt being so heavy, I'm not done yet, but i give myself breaks and allow myself a treat once in awhile, and i know ill get to my goal weight! Good luck to you...Remember this isn't easy..but its easier when you have support from others that have been there!

headshot_zpsf3b51b28.jpg

1380659_10151704075236819_676592735_n_zpsd5aed982.jpg

34864c62-349b-4386-b9c5-1e7ee47472fe_zps0670e6c0.jpg

a4326966-f1f6-4e73-974d-8563e66414ae_zpsb4506797.jpg
  • kmh219
    kmh219 Posts: 3 Member
    For you momma's that have reached goal or are close. Did you eat back your exercise calories?? That who concept still confuses me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!