What's the dumbest thinspo quote you've heard?

Options
hannahpistolas
hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
Or your least favorite one (I'm not picky).

I'm pretty sure I can name st least 20 foods that taste better than skinny feels.

Replies

• nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mrbt9qNLgi1rzlwsuo1_500.jpg
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Do it for that thigh gap.....

Do it for skinny fingers...

:noway:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    large.jpg
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    OMG!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow...those are truly awful. Bumping because I can't believe this nonsense.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Or your least favorite one (I'm not picky).

I'm pretty sure I can name st least 20 foods that taste better than skinny feels.

True dat lol

Bacon, chocolate, peanut butter, good cheese, wine.... mmm
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lq85yuhoic1qlaeoso1_500_large_large.jpg
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Would you rather have pizza or collarbones? Sweets or a thigh gap? Things of that nature.

Ummm... I choose pizza and sweets. :)
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I guess I didn't know what thinspo was until now. Dumb isn't really the word for it. 'Horrifying' comes to mind.
  • SirenSays
    Options
    It's not a specific 'thing' but deifying anorexia as "Anna" as if an eating disorder is an encouraging friend or sexy demigod-ideal gives me the chills.

Also, those beautiful moments when one of my more misguided friends implies or outright says fat people can't be pretty, or referring to a coworker as admiring herself in the mirror and saying "She's not all that; she's chubby. I don't see what she sees in there."
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Forum topics like this can be extremely triggering for those of us who suffer with Anorexia or Bulimia. You could be doing some major damage to people in recovery. You think it's funny, while those with disorders are looking at this forum and using it as inspiration NOT to eat.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I only feel beautiful when I'm hungry.

I call this BS, I choose to feel beautiful all the time. **** being hungry. I'm going to eat what I want and workout, while being beautiful.

I have a 10 year old daughter, these attitudes about being skinny piss me off to no end. My daughter comes home all the time telling me about some kid not eating lunch because they are afraid of being fat. I'm so glad she is educated on what is ignorant!
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Forum topics like this can be extremely triggering for those of us who suffer with Anorexia or Bulimia. You could be doing some major damage to people in recovery. You think it's funny, while those with disorders are looking at this forum and using it as inspiration NOT to eat.

she is a recovering anorexic. chill.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

she is a recovering anorexic. chill.

I agree that it's not cool to post these.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE ALL A MAN REALLY WANTS IS A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

yeah i sht you not.
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Everyone should chill out. We can't protect everyone who has ever had a challenging issue from everything. Some people have lost loved ones. should we never post about our families? Some people are stalled in their weight loss for whatever reason. Maybe we should stop posting our success stories so we don't offend anyone! Some people are struggling with sugar addictions. Should we never talk about that too?

27508099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE ALL A MAN REALLY WANTS IS A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

yeah i sht you not.

::facepalm:: Not my man! Where do these girls get this stuff?
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I saw one that said something like hunger hurts but starving works.

It's really sad that someone would actually think like that. :frown:
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovered anorexic. If anyone can make fun of these, it's me. If you feel triggered, apologies; have the common sense to click the back button on your browser and go about your merry way. I still feel triggered sometimes by pictures, but I love myself enough to take a deep breath and go from there.
This discussion has been closed.