3 months, ZERO PROGRESS

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    To like the last 5 people who posted besides McGraw. Did you guys even read this thread? Lol. Seriously.

well, if they did read it, then they know that the reason she is not losing is because she has every excuse in the world and refuses to take any advice that anyone has for her. she puts up road blocks to everyone who has "been there, done that" and continues to sell us the idea that she is doing everything perfect, for 3 months, with zero progress, however, thats not the case. its like my 15 year old daughter... "i do all my homework and get "a's" on all my tests, i dont know why i got an "f" in the class..." really?
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    To like the last 5 people who posted besides McGraw. Did you guys even read this thread? Lol. Seriously.

well, if they did read it, then they know that the reason she is not losing is because she has every excuse in the world and refuses to take any advice that anyone has for her. she puts up road blocks to everyone who has "been there, done that" and continues to sell us the idea that she is doing everything perfect, for 3 months, with zero progress, however, thats not the case. its like my 15 year old daughter... "i do all my homework and get "a's" on all my tests, i dont know why i got an "f" in the class..." really?

*snickers* :laugh:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

*snickers* :laugh:

mmmm snickers...
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Try having your cheat day be the day you go up to 1500, and the rest of the week stick to 1300. You have to create that deficit.

a cheat day is a cheat day.... sometimes my "cheat" days hit close to 3000 calories lol and ive still been losing every week.
    oh to be 29 again and be able to eat 3000 on your cheat day and still lose...
  • katelynnsmom2
    katelynnsmom2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First thing I would do is stop asking people on MFP for advice on YOUR body. Almost everyone on here is so quick to jump on the eating too little theory and everone on here forgets that not everyones metabolism is the same. Lets consider how people stayed thin before the technology days (maybe everyone was just fat from going hungry and working in the fields all day) My point is to let your body tell you what works for you. If you are at a low calorie intake and feel tired and hungry all the time- eat more. If you are not losing at the "keep it above 1200 net or else theory" lower it. Keep adjusting until you find the right balance for YOUR body. The only persons advice you should take in consideration is from your doctor.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is seriously going on! I guess we're all pretty bored these days....

OP I think that it's great that you have scheduled a doctors appointment.....if you needed your annual anyway, then great....2 birds, 1 stone.

BUT

The reality is more than likely there isn't anything "wrong" with you.

Your numbers are off and your you taking in more than you burn. You should not for one minute assume that your "counts" are all accurate. THEY ARE NOT.

That HRM is NOT accurate. Yes, it gives you an IDEA but that's it. Most people don't even burn 300 calories in 30 minutes running for the full time, let alone 346 in 30 minutes doing circuit training. If you are insistent on using the burn from your HRM, I would recommend that use HALF of the amount that it says you burned. THAT will be more realistic.

If you want to be successful you MUST start weighing and measuring your food. MUST. There is a big difference between 2/3 cup of Special K and the 46grams (or whatever the "equivalent" is in grams). Once you start doing this regularly you will realize how much room for error there is with eyeballing your serving sizes. You may not have to do this forever, but in a situation like this there really isn't any other option.....unless you don't want to lose. That choice is up to you.

To eat healthy and nutritious doesn't HAVE to be expensive.....frozen meat, vegetables, fruit all work just as well as fresh. But further to that, you don't NEED to eat "clean" to lose. You need to take in less than you burn.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Try having your cheat day be the day you go up to 1500, and the rest of the week stick to 1300. You have to create that deficit.

a cheat day is a cheat day.... sometimes my "cheat" days hit close to 3000 calories lol and ive still been losing every week.

You could eat 3000 on a cheat day and still lose. It has very little to do with your age, and everything to do with your discipline the rest of the time.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

You could eat 3000 on a cheat day and still lose. It has very little to do with your age, and everything to do with your discipline the rest of the time.

I dont cheat when I eat 3000. i eat all my calories individually. with vengeance. and then I lick the plate. full tongue out.
  • N3RD0V571CK
    N3RD0V571CK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is not true that if you have a deficit you wil lose "end of story" or "period" if your deficit is too large, you will put your body in starvation mode. your metabolism will slow down and your body will try to keep and store all it can. Your deficit should never be more than 1k calories a day, and your net cals shouldnt be below 1200.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It is not true that if you have a deficit you wil lose "end of story" or "period" if your deficit is too large, you will put your body in starvation mode. your metabolism will slow down and your body will try to keep and store all it can. Your deficit should never be more than 1k calories a day, and your net cals shouldnt be below 1200.

"Starvation mode" isn't a thing that really exists. I agree that (except in extremely rare instances) one should not push their deficit above 1000 calories, but you won't suddenly stop losing weight if you eat too little.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I dont cheat when I eat 3000. i eat all my calories individually. with vengeance. and then I lick the plate. full tongue out.

The main reason I love MFP is that it gives me an excuse to lick the plate. "I logged these calories already, I need to make sure I get them all!"
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i mean this is the nicest way, this article changed my life.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
    i know it doesn't sound that simple, but it really truly is.
  • bidwhist
    bidwhist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am burning at least 300 calories in a half hour.

This in lies your problem. It is very difficult to burn 300 calories in am half hour in your average everyday workout.
  • jonnythan
    Options

That is a great, great, great article. Bookmarked.
  • N3RD0V571CK
    N3RD0V571CK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"Starvation mode" isn't a thing that really exists. I agree that (except in extremely rare instances) one should not push their deficit above 1000 calories, but you won't suddenly stop losing weight if you eat too little.
    [/quote]

This Doctor says otherwise. Its happened to me. <http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html&gt;
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I second this in the nicest way.
  • jonnythan
    Options

This Doctor says otherwise. Its happened to me. <http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2009/07/stop-starving-yourselves.html&gt;

She's wrong. Well, technically she's right, but you'll notice she does not mention the magnitude of the effect.

The degree to which your body will adapt metabolically to a low-calorie diet is not nearly enough to stop weight loss on a VLCD.
  • musicteacher40
    musicteacher40 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Check your SODIUM intake... if it's too high (I keep mine lower than what MFP recommends) you could be retaining water, which in turn effects your weight loss progress...