Relationship status help/hurt your motivation

Options
13»

Replies

• I started Lifestyle and Weight Loss as Single and I still am. I Lost this Weight for Myself and Not to find a Partner or to Find Somebody to have Sex With. I heard that People did that for 2 Reasons and Ended up Gaining all of the Weight back. I would have to say after I Lost over 100 Pounds. I had Woman that Rejected Me I Met when I was Obese wanted to get to know me I took the Chance it wasn't worth it.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It has no bearing on my desire to be thinner, healthier, stronger. I do it for myself and my children.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    nothing gets in the way of my workouts-they come first!
  • auntieloop
    auntieloop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Totally hurts. I am an emotional eater, so when my marriage started having problems, I started gaining weight. It is very difficult to lose weight when you live in a constant state of stress. I have been trying to draw on the inner strength that I know is there somewhere. It is a vicious cycle - stress and emotional upset make you eat, which in turn causes more upset as you hate yourself for allowing it to happen. I'm back to counting my blessings before falling asleep each night just to remind myself that my life is a lot better than I think it is.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight because I want to look good and feel better about myself. My husband was into fitness before me and I use to be unsupportive because it used to clash with our time together. I started my own fitness goals to look good when he started gaining muscle and lose belly fat. Now we motivate each other, make healthy eating choices together.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Essentially I would like to find a man who would work out with me and motivate me to be healthier as well.

side note- I wouldn't date people from your gym.

I have found that to be a disaster- mostly because when it doesn't work out- that akward I have to avoid them - is an issue.

the gym is my time- I don't want to share it with anyone else. it's one of my dating rules- no work dates- and no gym dates.

sucks- because I have some hotties at my gym.

And no- currently my relationship doesn't affect me- when I was depressed and mopey- he suggested going for walks- it wasn't much- but it got me on my feet. he hates the gym- but he lives 2 hrs away- I have plenty of time on my own to work out.
    I'm ore concerned with the if/when we move in together aspect. I imagine I'll find it hard to leave- but nothing gets between me and lifting- so I'll make a way!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

side note- I wouldn't date people from your gym.

[/quote]

Just saying someone who would work out with me and support me in my decision to work out.