Any one try the 2 ingredient cake w/yogurt?

Options
trackme
trackme Posts: 239 Member
I tried a chocolate cake mix (sugar free) with a can of pumpkin and made them into cookies and I was sorely disappointed, Yuk! I was looking on pintrest and saw the following recipe, which you can just use without the orange, just cake mix and yogurt btw, but I am very reluctant to try after this last batch. Has anyone tried the yogurt/cake recipe? Please give your honest feedback. I have tried the black bean and brownie mix and enjoyed that, but the cake and pumpkin? H to the N! From Printrest:

Creamsicle Cake

1 box (15.25 oz) White Cake Mix

1 container (6 oz) non-fat Greek yogurt, plain

1 cup orange juice

freshly grated orange zest, optional

powdered sugar, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Greek yogurt and orange juice. Include the zest of one orange, if desired. Pour batter into a greased 8 x8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes. Slice into 9 pieces. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and orange peel, if desired.

Nutrition information per slice: Calories 201, Fat 4.4 grams, Carbs 40 grams, Fiber 1.1 grams, Protein 3.3 grams.

Replies

• Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the pumpkin with spice cake mix? SOOOOOO Yummy. Pumpkin & Chocolate just sounds gross.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds really good and should bake up correctly.
  • trackme
    Options
    Have you tried the pumpkin with spice cake mix? SOOOOOO Yummy. Pumpkin & Chocolate just sounds gross.

It was gross. No, I didn't, I was looking for a chocolate fix. :frown:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Another 2 ingredient ....... 1 pkg angel food cake mix + 1 large can of crushed pineapple.....this was yummy.

I've been meaning to try yogurt (1/2 C) + brownie mix + water per package
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It was gross. No, I didn't, I was looking for a chocolate fix. :frown:

For a 2 ingredient Chocolate fix, I would have made a Nutella Cake. 8.5 ounces Nutella + 4 eggs. Bake in a 350F for 25 mins.

2qa92cl.jpg
  • jvorocks
    Options
    I made the pumpkin with the white cake mix and just added a little cinnamon, it was delish and my girls like them to. Made them into cupcakes for easy serving.
  • trackme
    Options
    For a 2 ingredient Chocolate fix, I would have made a Nutella Cake. 8.5 ounces Nutella + 4 eggs. Bake in a 350F for 25 mins.

2qa92cl.jpg
    [/quote]

aww, man. Lol!
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call this a "two ingredient" cake. Cake mixes have a lot of rubbish in them...and many many ingredients
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Devils food cake mix and greek yogurt is awesome! I would not eat it if it was nasty, lol ! Cup of yogurt, cup of water, cake mix. The batter is pretty stiff but it bakes up nicely. Poke with a fork, tines come out clean when cake is done. It is more cake like than using the pumpkin and yogurt does not interfere with the chocolate taste.
  • trackme
    Options
    Devils food cake mix and greek yogurt is awesome! I would not eat it if it was nasty, lol ! Cup of yogurt, cup of water, cake mix. The batter is pretty stiff but it bakes up nicely. Poke with a fork, tines come out clean when cake is done. It is more cake like than using the pumpkin and yogurt does not interfere with the chocolate taste.

Thanks for all the tips and Thank you!! I don't know if it was because the cake mix was sugar free, or it was the pumpkin, but aside from it being too pumpkiny, it had a slimy texture to it.
  • Lynnfly
    Options
    try one cake mix + one can diet pop (i.e. choc/cola or white/lemon lime)
    It is very good...
  • trackme
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call this a "two ingredient" cake. Cake mixes have a lot of rubbish in them...and many many ingredients

Yes dear, I realize that. That is the metaphor given for the collective recipes that are popular now. My question was if you had tried them. If you have a better recipe, please do share.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Creamsicle Cake

1 cup orange juice

powdered sugar, optional

I have not tried the above recipe, but I did make this - which is similar:

1/2 box Betty Crocker Supermoist Cherry Chip Cake Mix
    6 oz container Yoplait very cherry light yogurt
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients together. Line 12 cupcake tins with liners and divide batter between cups. Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes. Let cool.

Glaze:
    46 grams powdered sugar
    1/2 tbsp. maraschino cherry juice (or you could use grenadine, or cherry syrup, such as Torani or DaVinci brand)
    1/2 tbsp. milk
    1/2 tsp almond extract

Mix all ingredients for glaze in a bowl and drizzle evenly on top of cooled cupcakes. I put my cupcakes in the fridge after glazing for about 10 minutes to let the glaze harden up a bit.

They turned out so so soooooooo yummy.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Or 2 cups pumpkin + 1 spiced cake mix + 1/2 cup of chips?

I just made it today its so good
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I tried the can of pumpkin with spice cake mix with a bit of almond milk to thin it out and it turned out really well in cupcake form. I added some Cinnamon cream cheese frosting and it was delicious!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options

2qa92cl.jpg

OH NO!!!! This is NOT something that I should see!! Now instead of counting sheep to go to sleep, I will be thinking of NUTELLA CAKE!!! :love: (Nutella ANYTHING makes me smile, and THAT is why I keep it out of my house!!)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I tried a chocolate cake mix (sugar free) with a can of pumpkin and made them into cookies and I was sorely disappointed, Yuk! I was looking on pintrest and saw the following recipe, which you can just use without the orange, just cake mix and yogurt btw, but I am very reluctant to try after this last batch. Has anyone tried the yogurt/cake recipe? Please give your honest feedback. I have tried the black bean and brownie mix and enjoyed that, but the cake and pumpkin? H to the N! From Printrest:

Creamsicle Cake

1 cup orange juice

powdered sugar, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Greek yogurt and orange juice. Include the zest of one orange, if desired. Pour batter into a greased 8 x8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes. Slice into 9 pieces. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and orange peel, if desired.

Nutrition information per slice: Calories 201, Fat 4.4 grams, Carbs 40 grams, Fiber 1.1 grams, Protein 3.3 grams.

How is that 2 ingredient cake when you've listed 4 ingredients?

Also, that sounds horrible.
  • trackme
    Options
    How is that 2 ingredient cake when you've listed 4 ingredients?

Also, that sounds horrible.
    [/quote]

Wow