Any one try the 2 ingredient cake w/yogurt?

Options

Replies

• Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call this a "two ingredient" cake. Cake mixes have a lot of rubbish in them...and many many ingredients
    Yes dear, I realize that. That is the metaphor given for the collective recipes that are popular now. My question was if you had tried them. If you have a better recipe, please do share.

But ... but... then I can't be all awesome and superior, you know?
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I tried a chocolate cake mix (sugar free) with a can of pumpkin and made them into cookies and I was sorely disappointed, Yuk! I was looking on pintrest and saw the following recipe, which you can just use without the orange, just cake mix and yogurt btw, but I am very reluctant to try after this last batch. Has anyone tried the yogurt/cake recipe? Please give your honest feedback. I have tried the black bean and brownie mix and enjoyed that, but the cake and pumpkin? H to the N! From Printrest:

Creamsicle Cake

1 box (15.25 oz) White Cake Mix

1 container (6 oz) non-fat Greek yogurt, plain

1 cup orange juice

freshly grated orange zest, optional

powdered sugar, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Greek yogurt and orange juice. Include the zest of one orange, if desired. Pour batter into a greased 8 x8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes. Slice into 9 pieces. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and orange peel, if desired.

Nutrition information per slice: Calories 201, Fat 4.4 grams, Carbs 40 grams, Fiber 1.1 grams, Protein 3.3 grams.

How is that 2 ingredient cake when you've listed 4 ingredients?

Also, that sounds horrible.

Go have a snickers, you are a little cranky!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Spice cake mix + pumpkin pulp + extra dark chocolate chips = the best cookies that my children will gobble down in no time, lol!
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have not tried a cake with yogurt but I have in the past (10 years ago?) ate No Pudge Brownies which are brownies made with a specific mix and a measurement (I forget how much) of yogurt. I haven't ate them in so long I can't remember if they were good, unfortunately.

I also have tried the spice/pumpkin cake someone else mentioned and thought it was yum, too.

And there's the spice cake mix + a can of apple pie filling + 3 eggs that's pretty damn delicious.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I have not tried a cake with yogurt but I have in the past (10 years ago?) ate No Pudge Brownies which are brownies made with a specific mix and a measurement (I forget how much) of yogurt. I haven't ate them in so long I can't remember if they were good, unfortunately.

I also have tried the spice/pumpkin cake someone else mentioned and thought it was yum, too.

And there's the spice cake mix + a can of apple pie filling + 3 eggs that's pretty damn delicious.

Well if you're going to talk pie filling, my husband does a devils food cake with cherry pie filling, cooked in a dutch oven with chocolate chips sprinkled on top. THAT was pretty decadent.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I tried a chocolate cake mix (sugar free) with a can of pumpkin and made them into cookies and I was sorely disappointed, Yuk! I was looking on pintrest and saw the following recipe, which you can just use without the orange, just cake mix and yogurt btw, but I am very reluctant to try after this last batch. Has anyone tried the yogurt/cake recipe? Please give your honest feedback. I have tried the black bean and brownie mix and enjoyed that, but the cake and pumpkin? H to the N! From Printrest:

Creamsicle Cake

1 box (15.25 oz) White Cake Mix

1 container (6 oz) non-fat Greek yogurt, plain

1 cup orange juice

freshly grated orange zest, optional

powdered sugar, optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Greek yogurt and orange juice. Include the zest of one orange, if desired. Pour batter into a greased 8 x8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-33 minutes. Slice into 9 pieces. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and orange peel, if desired.

Nutrition information per slice: Calories 201, Fat 4.4 grams, Carbs 40 grams, Fiber 1.1 grams, Protein 3.3 grams.

How is that 2 ingredient cake when you've listed 4 ingredients?

Also, that sounds horrible.

Go have a snickers, you are a little cranky!

I'm not cranky at all.
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Bump for the recipes. :drinker:
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup greek yogurt + 1 small packet sugar free chocolate pudding mix + 2 eggs -> bake at 325 F for about 10-20 minutes OR microwave it for about 1.3 minutes, drizzle protein powder + a little milk (I prefer nondairy such as Almond or Coconut to avoid lactose, but IIFYM right?) mixture made with 1 scoop + 2-4 tbspn liquid (you can even use water). It is almost like a chocolate fudge mousse cake with icing glaze except better because it's healthful and there are NO regrets. Estimating the macros based on what I made last time, it was 14f/11c/51 (in grams) using fat free greek yogurt, 2 tbspn almond milk, and a whey protein that had ~ 3 g fat, ~ 3 g c and ~ 27 g protein
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate and sweets a lot so why not share more of my creations: half a bar of 100% dark chocolate, melted in microwave (on low intervals so that you don't burn it, add sweetener of choice (I usually add truvia), 1 egg, 2 tbspn coconut flour or almond meal is optional, mix in a cup, microwave for a minute, and eat =D. You can use the protein powder drizzle to add protein to this if you want also. You can also add flax seeds and some water if you dont want the egg, but I feel like it makes it lighter due to the volume it gets when being heated up
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

For a 2 ingredient Chocolate fix, I would have made a Nutella Cake. 8.5 ounces Nutella + 4 eggs. Bake in a 350F for 25 mins.

2qa92cl.jpg

OH NO!!!! This is NOT something that I should see!! Now instead of counting sheep to go to sleep, I will be thinking of NUTELLA CAKE!!! :love: (Nutella ANYTHING makes me smile, and THAT is why I keep it out of my house!!)

Same here! I heart Nutella,but I cant have it in the house!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It was gross. No, I didn't, I was looking for a chocolate fix. :frown:

For a 2 ingredient Chocolate fix, I would have made a Nutella Cake. 8.5 ounces Nutella + 4 eggs. Bake in a 350F for 25 mins.

2qa92cl.jpg

*shake fist*
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I usually just follow the recipe on the back of the box. Ive never had a bad cake this way.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WorkingOnMe3
    Options
    try one cake mix + one can diet pop (i.e. choc/cola or white/lemon lime)
    It is very good...

I've done this and added 2 bags of frozen berries. To. Die. For. And the drink I used was Sprite.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow looks yummy. Thank you I will try that
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I will try it out some time. Thanks.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Your first mistake was chocolate + pumpkin. As someone else said... WHY THAT COMBO. I love pumpkin, but man... those two just don't work together.

I can have some mild respect for two ingredient recipes, if only because I don't have a kitchen (foreclosed home), so all cooking prep I do is essentially balanced on my knee.

I've tried the "cake mix + can of (soda) pop." That can work, but the texture's a bit off. Not a very soft cake.

However, since you're a Pinterest person: I tried the, "Make a cake taste like a bakery recipe" with one extra egg than the box calls for, melted butter instead of oil, and milk instead of water.

It... didn't taste super amazing or anything. Just a denser cake.

Just piping in since you wondered if people had tried that recipe, and I often wonder about the "legitimacy" of things I find on Pinterest, too.