ATTN: ALL WOMEN APPROX. 5'0"

Options
Hello All!

I've been using MFP for over two years now, and have successful changed my lifestyle and lost some weight.

STATS:

HW: 111+

CW: 101.8

LW: 92.6

Goal: 95

I exercise 7 days a week, up until this week it was cardio. Nearly all cardio, anywhere from 60-90 minutes a day. I would then log these and go from there.

ANYWHOO,

I have a question for anyone similar in stats to me:

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
HOW TALL ARE YOU?
WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING?
HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT?
HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET?

***The reason I ask is because I am unsure whether I have been chronically under eating and have lowered my metabolism, plus I am looking for advice from others.

Thank you!

Replies

• IMarieB
    IMarieB Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose the office job pounds I put on this last year.

Height 4'11 1/2 (Fun Sized)
    Age 33
    HW 127 (While pregnant with both kids)
    LW 110
    CW 119
    GW 110 (Hopefully by Jan 2014)

Goals and Scientific Stats
    (These are based on a sedentary lifestyle with no exercise. A 15% calorie reduction for fat loss. I eat back exercise calories to refuel my body)

BMR: 1295 (To Live)
    TDEE: 1554 (To Maintain)
    Calorie Goal Before exercise: 1300 (To Lose)

Currently doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Not weighing in again until Nov 1st when I'm done with it. I also do youtube videos in addition to the program for extra burn, I alway combine strength and cardio unless I'm running.
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, see I have just begun to eat back some of my exercise cals but generally have created deficits of 500-700 calories everyday!
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I'm 5"1. I exercise everyday, usually at least 90mins of cardio... And every other day I do strength training for about an hour. My dietician says to lose, my calorie goal should be 1650 net, and to maintain it should be 2200. I'm working on it, but usually I only net about 500. I wasn't eating back exercise calories for a long time(didn't know I was suppose to) and ended up w/ some health issues.
  • ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I just started this up my MFP again. My current weight is 168 pounds and my first goal weight is 140 pounds. I know it may seem like I'm ludicrously overweight but I have a bulkier build than most people around this height. I do a lot of walking and jogging and right now MFP has me at 1480 cals a day. I normally don't have a problem with it but every now and then I'll be over about 100 or so. It's all about learning to adapt and this is really only my second week sticking to this again. I should really look into strength training too.
  • thinfitfabulous
    Options
    oh wow, isn't interesting how we all vary?

I am of a more muscular build as well unfortunately (nothing against it, but I have always wanted to be longer and leaner and taller-looking so the lower the weight the less stocky I look)
  • Cloebb
    Cloebb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 3 inches (about 163 cm)
    HW: 121lb
    LW: 105lb
    CW: 116lb
    GW: 110lb

I have just started getting back into this. Ive been doing 3 high intensity cardio sessions 3 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour. The rest of the days im trying to at least walk for 30 minutes. Im including 2 weight training sessions in a week as ive become all skin and bone with not really any muscle.

I normally aim to eat between 1100 - 1300 a day and eat back my exercise calories only when im actually really hungry.
  • tonyajohn
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    HW: 176 lbs (with first pregnancy 12 years ago),
    166 lbs (with second pregnancy 19 months ago),
    144 lbs as of Sept 2013 (after getting down to 134 lbs within 6 weeks after last pregnancy).
    LW: 110 lbs
    CW: 130 lbs
    GW: 110 - 115 lbs

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'0"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    7 days a week.
    20 mins jogging/walking (afternoon),
    30 mins stationary bike (evening),
    15-20 mins "strength training" ie: push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, etc. (mornings)

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Losing

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1200 + 500 (I'm currently breastfeeding) = 1700

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? About 1400

Honestly, I'm pretty nervous to find out what's going to happen once I go into maintenance and my little one weans.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My stats:

HW: 269 (on 3/1/2010)
    CW: 199
    Goal: 125
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 199
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 4'10.5" (that .5 is REALLY important, LOL!)
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? I do strength training (from my small collection of Jillian Michaels DVD's) everyday after work, then cardio (from my treadmill or biking) on the weekends.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Between 1200 and 1500.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Between 900 and 1300 I think.

*Please feel free to add me! I love to know people who are around my height and trying to lose weight!!!*
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 154
    CW: 111-112
    I am currently maintaining, or gaining a little. I am not tracking at the moment, but when I was, I still lost at 1950 NET. During my weight loss phase, I began at 1200-1350 NET, then gradually bumped it up as I lost more. My workouts were dvds, like JM 30 DS/RI 30 and other similar type workouts, as well as some yoga. I also ran 3-6 miles about 3x/wk, walked with incline on the treadmill, and lifted weights in the gym. I workout a little less now, not as much running, but trying to keep up with the strength and interval training, as well as yoga. Switching up my workouts seemed to really help. I am muscular and strong, and have a good cardio base. My goal is to try triathlon training in the spring, and not lose more weight. I'm a size 0 in misses, or a junior's size 3, so I don't need to get any smaller, IMHO.
  • livtx
    livtx Posts: 7
    Options
    HW: 120
    CW: 104
    Goal: 100
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5' 1"
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? I'm abroad in Europe right now, so I don't exercise like how I did in the US. I walk/take the stairs as much as possible thoughout the day
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Trying to tone and lose some fat and gain muscle
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Between 1200 and 1400, some days I eat out and consume too much wine and I can go over 1600 easily
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Maybe around that range b/c I don't do rigorous exercise, just a lot of walking.
  • thinfitfabulous
    Options
    Wow, I am loving seeing everyone's different stats, and approaches to this! Keep em' coming!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    HW: 135
    CW: 92
    goal: 95
    4'11'' tall
    workout: mostly running 3+ miles 3-4 times/week. Just finished my first half marathon last weekend. I teach scuba diving for a weekend about once a month in a pool
    I am maintaining my weight
    Calories: 1200/ day and always eat back my exercise calories.
    I usually net close to the 1200 calories.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HW: 159
    CW: 13 6
    Goal: 120-125
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'2''
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? I do strength training (from my small collection of Jillian Michaels DVD's) everyday after work, then cardio (from my treadmill or biking) on the weekends.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? It really depends on if I work out or not. The other day I had a big burn of 700 calories, so I had to eat 2000 that day in order to net around my bmr.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? I like to net around 1300-1400 a day

My goal weight is higher than most my height, I've have a body analysis done and I have a LBM of 95 lb and 120 pounds is my "optimal" weight. But I think I would be happy with anywhere between 120-125
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the shorties!
    Please feel free to add me :smile:

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    HW: 140+ lbs
    CW: 132.1 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'1.5"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    5-6 days a week
    JM 30 Day Shred
    Training for a half marathon, currently running 9 miles a week but increasing every week

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1250

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 1400-1500 (depending if I run or not)
  • natalyau
    Options
    These are really interesting!

I am 5 foot nothing, (153cm) short

HW: 127 (58kg)
    CW: 114ish (51.9kg)
    GW: 99 ( 45kg) I think for my size this weight would be good but Im not sure if its realistic.

I do about 12-20km runs 3 times a week in the forest, so lots of hills which hopefully is somewhat like strength training and walk or jog with my dog and Bf 3-6km most of the other days. I do push ups, sit ups and squats on a rare occasion.

My calories are 1200 which is just enough most of the time. I often will eat back about 100-200 exercise calories on a normal day. I can't eat all of my calories back tho, just can't fit...

So Im still in the process of losing. I am pretty happy with what I have accomplished so far. Last 3 or 4 weeks I have not lost much weight but I do think I may be putting on muscle from running.
  • Wantingslim
    Options
    4ft 11
    112lb
    Goal 105
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My stats:

HW: 210 (started this journey 2 years ago)
    CW: 125ish
    Goal: 125 (have been at or close to goal for over a year now)
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 4'2''
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? my weekly goals differ (setting goals keep me on track) however usually at least 4 days a week (boxing 1-3 times a week, and then a mix of cardio and strength training) I am at the point now that i am focusing on toning up so i like to do more strength than cardio. i usually eat back around 1/2 my exercise calories.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? maintaining
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Between 1200 and 1450 (i know for maintenance ppl tend to play around with the number of calories they eat however i am comfortable eating at the number i am eating at now and i am guessing my body is comfortable as well because for the past year i have been at or close to goal- i fluctuate daily. )
  • ksheeler13
    ksheeler13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all the shorties!!!

5"tall

Hw178
    Cw 169
    Gw 135

Hi
    I started a month ago. I and have been working hard!! I work out 6 days a week. It is really great to let your muscles rest a day. I go to the gym I do 60/70min on stair master or walk run. I then do a wt training and a Ton of situps!! I know from all my experience is that you need to wt train to change the way your body looks and the stronger you get your muscles that will help to burn fat.

I am eating 1200 and add 500cal on. I am really unsure of adding the Cal because I feel I will not loose the wt fast enough. the thing that I am really working on is to change my outlook on food and how I eat.

I have not been working and the stress is gone but if anyone has great diet suggestions to loose a little faster that would be great!

Good luck little one;)
  • ksheeler13
    ksheeler13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all the shorties!!!

5"tall

Hw178
    Cw 169
    Gw 135

Hi
    I started a month ago. I and have been working hard!! I work out 6 days a week. It is really great to let your muscles rest a day. I go to the gym I do 60/70min on stair master or walk run. I then do a wt training and a Ton of situps!! I know from all my experience is that you need to wt train to change the way your body looks and the stronger you get your muscles that will help to burn fat.

I am eating 1200 and add 500cal on. I am really unsure of adding the Cal because I feel I will not loose the wt fast enough. the thing that I am really working on is to change my outlook on food and how I eat.

I have not been working and the stress is gone but if anyone has great diet suggestions to loose a little faster that would be great!

Good luck little one;)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    5'1 here :)

HW: 165
    CW: 144
    GW: 115

I usually hang around 135, and felt good-ish at that size. Still think it would be exciting to be lower, especially now that I'm working on strength training (I wanna see that definition!)

Right now I'm trying to work out 5 days a week, but feeling like 4 might be better. Tuesdays I run 5k to prepare for a 10k next year (I hate it, but want to get a good time). The other days I do weight lifting splits upper/lower.

My daily goal is 1400 calories. I'll usually eat exercise calories back depending on the activity. I try and net around 1300-1400 while I'm losing, but working on lifting so that I can consistently eat more (1600-1700 to lose would be ideal).