Looking for chicks who lift!

Options
i recently started lifting and i would love to have friends on here with the same goal to help motivate me and teach me things :)

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    About 2.5 months in Stronglifts, I love lifting :)
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started! I know nothing lol - here to learn!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting since July and LOVE it... Add me if you want :D
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started lifting weights a few months ago and i've found that i like it so much more than cardio. Feel free to add me :) and other other lady lifters also feel free to add me too!
  • MissMary02
    MissMary02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of Stronglifts and I love it! A much easier full body workout than tinkering with each individual machine! I can stay at the rack and knock out everything in an hour and burn just as many calories! How much weight have you increased by in your 2.5 months if you don't mind me asking? As in what you're lifting now versus what you started with.
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I lift. Mostly free weights, go heavy. Deadlifts ,etcetera . Add me if you want
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I've been doing Stronglifts since June and would love more lifter friends, especially if you keep a detailed exercise log - I love to see how people are progressing and the specific lifts they do vs. just seeing "Strength Training - 60 minutes."
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I lift 3-4 days a week...feel free to add me.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I lift & do strength training usually every day or every other day, depending on my routine. But I usually lift weights & do workouts involving weights as much as I can to build up my strength. I love lifting.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of falling apart at the seams so I lift mostly moderate weight higher reps, usually 3 days a week. Always happy to make new friends.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Me too :blushing:
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Want to start lifting...need advice and tips. Add me....Thanks.

I log daily and keep an open diary.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Im in! Started a weight training program 6 weeks ago :)
    Still learning!
  • crb0077
    crb0077 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi I lift 5-6 times a week and started in February, have a pt for 3 of those sessions and absolutely love it! The feeling of being strong is amazing, especially when he tells me I lift more than some of his male clients! :) It's done wonders for my body too, I was never big/overweight, I told him on my first session that I would rather get bigger than smaller!

So since I've started lifting, I've put on a stone...however I have not put on any inches....if anything I've lost them.....my legs are looking a million times more shapely and my tummy is flat and I'm getting a booty! : ) So I highly recommend! I'm not all muscly and butch looking yet I have a nice little bicep and rock hard legs! I do lift heavy though!

So there I was thinking I'd be rubbish at the gym and it turns out that I'm pretty good at it...which makes me enjoy it all the more....my only advice is to make sure you're lifting with proper form...maybe get a trainer to help you once in a while to learn new lifts/exercises. I use both free weights and the weights machines/cables! The machines you can get ideas from the internet with but with freeweights you do need to be careful!

Let's all lift together...there aren't enough of us doing it....all those ladies who are missing out on shapely bodies and are just running on treadmills don't know what they're missing! Remember building muscle increases the metabolic rate...you will need to eat more (of the right things) to feed your muscles!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    been lifting since I was in highschool.

lift ALL the things!
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I just started lifting (still running at the same time as I enjoy it). Feel free to add me :)
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just finished stage 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I LOVE it!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting - did 8 weeks of stronglifts and now doing a lean and sexy body workout from bodybuilding.com. Feel free to add me would love more friends into lifting!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am on round 2, week 7 of body beast program
    not sure how this compares to strong lifts, or 5x5, but i love lifting :)