Looking for chicks who lift!

Options

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hello! Been lifting for 2 years, recently into strongman.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Been lifting a few years now, couldn't imagine ever not lifting now - I love it!

Feel free to add me :)
  • lkhaycook
    lkhaycook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout last night and conquered my fear of barbell squats along with Overhead Press & Deadlifts. It was exhilarating!

I have been reading & re-reading Starting Strength (SS) which many people on MFP suggested for newbies. It gives you steps & pics of how to properly perform each lift plus a TON of info of why you must practice proper form.

I am planning on moving onto Stronglifts once I have put sufficient time into SS. Also, there is a Stronglifts 5x5 for Women group you can join.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I was lifting heavy and then stopped, but looking to get back into it. Feel free to add me :)
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a few years, doing a lot of Crossfit workouts. Feel free to add me, I only recently started perusing the forums and don't have many friends on here :smile:
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lifting over 2 years, and I love it! If you like talking about lifts and PR's add me!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Lifting 4x/week here, too. Feel free to add me. :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Been lifting for about 2 years... Feel free! :drinker:
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do NROLFW 2x/week.. run 3x/week. I have a toddler that I lift everyday. :wink: add me!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    < --Sees the title

<-- Thinks "aren't we all??"

Yep!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting (I prefer the term training) for 30+ yrs. I've tried all different styles of training, but always go back to heavier lifting. Even though I've allowed myself to gain way too much weight, I've always stuck with weight training of some kind.

web sites I like:
    bodybuilding
    Nia Shanks
    strong lifts
    McCoy fitness
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been "lifting" my body weight around doing circus aerial stuff for a few years, but just started lifting weights a month or so ago. I do really like it, though I'm having a few issues with soreness, especially in my hip flexors.

It's doing wonders for my back end though. I actually took a picture of my rear-end in a thong because it looked so fabulous!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im in for heavy lifting friends! ive done NR4W, NRAbs, some of NR supercharged, and am currently working on Strong lifts...
  • duditi
    duditi Posts: 1
    Options
    I've just started lifting, after a long break, I have a good program :) this time I use this app to watch my eating, and I take care about the things I eat :)

looking for lifting friends

Dudu
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    IN

im a 5/3/1 girl
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Let's all lift together...there aren't enough of us doing it....all those ladies who are missing out on shapely bodies and are just running on treadmills don't know what they're missing! Remember building muscle increases the metabolic rate...you will need to eat more (of the right things) to feed your muscles!

This is so true, I have only seen 2 other girls in the weights area and they stuck to the machines. I'm the only one lifting free weights...well at the times I'm there anyway.

You guys go to strange gyms- there are at least 4 women who seriously lift- and then a handful of others who at least come into the free weight section of my gym... maybe that's just because the smith machines are over by the squat racks though LMAO.

I dunno- while there's no denying more men than women- I just never noticed "it's only ever men" and not enough women do it.

personally I'm okay with that- there are only 2 girls I like who lift- the rest are just dumba@@Es.

Maybe it's just the mentality of the women over here (UK)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    IN

im a 5/3/1 girl

how are you liking that?

I was trying a 5 x 5 program and I hated it- switched to pyramids (no particular program) and have been considering 5/3/1 because I'm REALLY REALLY partial to high % of 1RM.

haven't heard many people talk about it
    how do you like it?
    how long have you been doing it?
    have you seen notable improvement on your lifts?
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a few years now. Feel free to add me :)
  • cassandraewing5
    Options
    just started lifting again recently!!! add me if you like