Why does Coke Zero make my hungry?

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
I just drank two of them and I'm starving now!!! Does that acid break down the food in my stomach more quickly?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Needs more food to soak up all the toxins.
  • whierd
    Options
    I'm having chicken for dinner, but I still have to cook it. :(
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are hungry? Maybe you just need to drink some water.
  • whierd
    Options

Why would I do that? I just drank two Coke Zeros. I'm not thirsty...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just drank two of them and I'm starving now!!! Does that acid break down the food in my stomach more quickly?

yes haven't you seen all those youtube experiments?

(btw i made chicken tonight drumsticks fried in olive oil with no coating just salt and pepper. want one?)
  • whierd
    Options

yes haven't you seen all those youtube experiments?

(btw i made chicken tonight drumsticks fried in olive oil with no coating just salt and pepper. want one?)

You made my stomach growl...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is telling you: "Dude. Thanks for the hydration but we need fuel...like now. HURRY UP!!!!" :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Only water quenches your thirst. Everything else dehydrates you, beer is even worse than soda.
  • whierd
    Options

Only water quenches your thirst. Everything else dehydrates you, beer is even worse than soda.

Balderdash, what about Gatorade?!

Beer does though...legit
  • whierd
    Options
    Maybe your body is telling you: "Dude. Thanks for the hydration but we need fuel...like now. HURRY UP!!!!" :laugh:

I just ate half a blueberry bagel...I may as well just use today as a cheat day. :-/
  • nanlou49
    Options
    There has been a lot on the news lately about diet sodas and their effect on people who drink them.
    Mehmet Oz, MD Follow
    Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    Many people use artificial sweeteners to cut their caloric intake, but the very opposite effect can occur. New research shows that artificial sweeteners stimulate taste receptors that sense sweetness in both the esophagus and stomach. Anticipating energy, the pancreas releases insulin, an important hormone for accumulating body fat. At the same time, chemicals are sent to the brain’s satiety center, which becomes confused as to whether or not the body is actually receiving calories. The result? You feel even hungrier and less full, which can lead to weight gain.

More Answers from Mehmet Oz, MD

basically drink water instead
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

Thats-What-She-Said-Michael-Scott-Last-Episode.gif
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    There has been a lot on the news lately about diet sodas and their effect on people who drink them.
    Mehmet Oz, MD Follow
    Many people use artificial sweeteners to cut their caloric intake, but the very opposite effect can occur. New research shows that artificial sweeteners stimulate taste receptors that sense sweetness in both the esophagus and stomach. Anticipating energy, the pancreas releases insulin, an important hormone for accumulating body fat. At the same time, chemicals are sent to the brain’s satiety center, which becomes confused as to whether or not the body is actually receiving calories. The result? You feel even hungrier and less full, which can lead to weight gain.

See. Dr. Oz said so. :heart:
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

tqaWzge.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I just ate half a blueberry bagel...I may as well just use today as a cheat day. :-/

blueberry? Ew. No wonder your body is rebelling :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

^Best. Answer :laugh: :drinker:
  • whierd
    Options
    Mehmet Oz, MD Follow

I thought that insulin was the body's delivery system for many nutrients, including proteins?

And I need it for my caffeine delivery.
  • whierd
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

It leaves me starving after an hour or so.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    It fills me up. *shrug*

It leaves me starving after an hour or so.

You need to get the liquid protein to fill you up better