Soda, pop, or coke

Options
1235»

Replies

• RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alabama...everything is a coke.

do yo guys just not care about the brands? so when u order a "coke" you are fine with coke, pepsi, any ohter cola? does Dr. Pepper count as "coke"?

thats just so weird.

If I'm at a restaurant, I'll ask for what I want (Diet Coke or Sprite usually) but if I'm thirsty I'll say, "I want a coke."...that could mean anything with carbonation. Yeah, explaining it sounds silly...but it's still all coke to me. :)
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I'm from SoCal...it's soda! then i moved to IL and they refer to it as pop....will never get used to that, almost 7 years here and i will never say pop. :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

Same here , except I moved to Utah. Still it's almost always a soda to me, even after 24 years here.
  • kencarpenter792
    kencarpenter792 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    soda. Here everyone calls it POP though. It sounds so weird to me. I will never call it pop. that's just stupid
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so its all pop :) x

Wrong im from Manchester and its a soft drink or Fizzy drink
  • Toneyear
    Options
    I grew up in Idaho pan handle, back then it was 'pop'. Move to Arkansas, 'coke', moved to the east coast MD, VA, NC is 'soda'.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I say soda...
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    pop or soda are fine with me

buddy of mine says coke just to annoy me :P
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    pop.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Soda (or as my gramma would say, sodie), or the actual name of what you want. My dad's siblings all call it Coke.