150 Calories a Pint ONLY!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Definitely not raining on her parade, I'm quite open minded and always open to trying new food stuff but I've tried several of these flavors and I didn't like any if them. As others have posted there are plenty of options such as skinny cow and slow churned that tastes amazing and won't wreak your goals.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Why oh why did I click on this thread and read these posts???!!! Now I am craving an ice cream sundae, or some Haagen Daas strawberry, or rocky road! Oh, the agony! *Must keep from driving to the store at midnight and bingeing*
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That ice cream is gross!!!
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been having Walmart brand Churned Vanilla, 200 cals for a cup. IF I want some extra, I drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup thats 15 calories but most of the time do just half the serving of the syrup. When I really want something, I love the Chocolate covered strawberry Ice Cream from Safeway. Bit more calories, but sooo worth it.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It's comments like this that really irk me. Rather than raining on her parade by trying to "trash" her new discovery, how about you do a little bit of research before you post ONE year old articles. Yes, one year ago, it was found that a few of the flavors were over 150 calories per pint, but Arctic Zero has tweaked their formulation slightly and the lab results show that the pints are pretty on point to 150 calories, by a few calories. Here are the results if you don't believe this: http://www.arcticzero.com/EMSL-Results/11.27.2012.pdf. These are proven lab results.

Also, I actually enjoy arctic zero. I am lactose intolerant and while I do eat ice cream and other caloric treats, I end up sick, bloated, and feeling gross. Arctic zero allows me to not feel this way, so for me it's a win win situation. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

pointing out that this company has CURRENT lawsuits against them for misleading consumer and false advertising is "raining on her parade?" yike i would love someone to "rain on my parade" every day if I was unknowingly eating twice the calories I thought i was.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    From all the bad reviews will never try this and will stick to Talenti or Breyers.

Personally, if I can't enjoy what I'm eating (in this case, ice cream), any calories I "save" are wasted anyway. So I'd rather just eat the good stuff.

One of the advantages in tracking my calories is that I now eat many more treats. I recently realized that Breyers has changed many (most?) of their line from ice cream to "frozen dairy dessert." This was rather disappointing, since I have fond childhood memories of the brand.

I decided to give their light, air-whipped version a try, and decided it wasn't for me. According to spokesmen for the company, the changes are in response to consumer demand (ice cream wasn't smooth enough?), which, once again, reveals that my preferences are in the minority.

you know I tried a breyers- or maybe it was a friendly's knock off of moose tracks- I think it was Friendly's. Man- I'm a turkey hill convert now.

no sugar added- 150 calories for 1/2 cup (like 40 gram-I think) delicious. I usually have a mug every night- yes a mug- it's easier to portion control- I can eat a whole full soup bowl full... no problems.

I agree- the whipped stuff just isn't that good typically.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with my delicious, amazing, full fat and calorie ice cream any day... IIFYM!

This^^^ I am happily eating my ice-cream, pizza, Nando's, Full fat cheese..... IIFYM! I don't need low calorie...unless of course it tastes amazing, then I will just eat it for the flavour!

We shoud be friends :heart:

But seriously, wasn't raining on anyone's parade. If people don't want to hear other opinions they should post on a public forum :wink: I look at it as we were providing other useful information for her... IIFYM FTW!
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tried this stuff a few years ago. I thought it was lacking in the flavor and texture department. I usually just buy the individual Blue Bell cups and go about my day. If I can be trusted to dole the ice cream out myself, I go for the BB Pralines and Cream...or Strawberry...or Red Velvet Cake...or Christmas Cookies in July. Lets be real, most Blue Bell flavors are the bomb(.com...yeah I went there. Just for you, Blue Bell).
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Research the TODAY show study on it... The chocolate peanut butter actually has 255 cals a pint, not 150. Their calories counts are way under on all of their products.

So I think I'd rather eat regular ice cream.