Wearing a red dress to a wedding?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    If it is a traditional wedding the three colors to stay away from are white/ivory, black and red.

Ask the bride, if its no concern to her then you should be fine.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is not a progressive mode of communication regular forum poster MyChocolateDiet. Totally uncalled for and most inappropriate, all too incensed too I might add. Misplaced angst and frustrations garnered directly at me triggered by my neutral mention.

rml_16 Joined May 2010 October 17, 2013 10:40 am That statement was a silly joke, not sarcasm ....

And why are you posting under two different accounts?

This is NOT a joke. It's concerning a young woman and her attire to an Irish Wedding. We are women, tantamount to having an iota of sensitivity. I don't have dual accounts. Gemma's my sister. We're like many in here. Families join all the time. You're derailing the thread@your assault.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is not a progressive mode of communication regular forum poster MyChocolateDiet. Totally uncalled for and most inappropriate, all too incensed too I might add. Misplaced angst and frustrations garnered directly at me triggered by my neutral mention.

That statement was a silly joke, not sarcasm ....

Are you serious? I have reported you for attacking. :)) Have a great day!!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

rml_16 Joined May 2010 October 17, 2013 10:40 am That statement was a silly joke, not sarcasm ....

This is NOT a joke. It's concerning a young woman and her attire to an Irish Wedding. We are women, tantamount to having an iota of sensitivity. I'm don't have dual accounts. Gemma's my sister. We're like many in here. Families join all the time. You're derailing the thread@your assault.
    OK then. Either way, you're both going on my ignore list. And I hope you can get some surgery to help with your problem. :flowerforyou:

You are sad. Personal attack ~ desperate. Reported.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

This is NOT a joke. It's concerning a young woman and her attire to an Irish Wedding. We are women, tantamount to having an iota of sensitivity. I'm don't have dual accounts. Gemma's my sister. We're like many in here. Families join all the time. You're derailing the thread@your assault.
    OK then. Either way, you're both going on my ignore list. And I hope you can get some surgery to help with your problem. :flowerforyou:

THEN for you it's personal. A non-issue for me. Deal with your issues and stick to topic - Dress code appropriateness to an Irish Wedding.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    If you were going to a funeral, I'd say no.

Go for it!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    If you were going to a funeral, I'd say no.

Go for it!

True. Some do choose to wear red to funerals too in that style and cut ...Eesh!! lol

ETA: Although, there are funerals re-vamped as parties to celebrate the life of the deceased, where guests are asked to attend in full party attire and the event is a party.
  • Mjconnelly586
    Mjconnelly586 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wore red to a wedding having no idea it was a taboo thing. I later asked the bride if she was offended by my red dress and she said no. I think that is an outdated rule. The thought is it is the bride's day and you do not want to outshine the bride. That dress is gorgeous and looks fabulous but I do not think you will be outdoing the bride :) I say go for it!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I read this thread the other day and just read something so I thought I'd throw it out there. I am currently reading Gunn's Golden Rules and he says the rule is no black or white, although black can be done as a party dress and not as if you were mourning. No where does he say no red. (I had never heard of no red either). Oh, he also says make it occassion/venue appropriate, beach vs church.

I trust Tim Gunn.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    I read this thread the other day and just read something so I thought I'd throw it out there. I am currently reading Gunn's Golden Rules and he says the rule is no black or white, although black can be done as a party dress and not as if you were mourning. No where does he say no red. (I had never heard of no red either). Oh, he also says make it occassion/venue appropriate, beach vs church.

I trust Tim Gunn.

Tim Gunn is a safe go to for American Fashion, I agree. :)) Interpretations on the diverse cultures practiced in the USA? No. Fashion? Yes. Cultural protocol? No.
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Boomer_Sooner1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wear it! You look good to me!! :)
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I wore this exact dress to a wedding earlier this year, did not hear any complaints from the bride

xv1MB5A.png
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate the feedback :flowerforyou:
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    I wore this exact dress to a wedding earlier this year, did not hear any complaints from the bride

xv1MB5A.png

Cute dress. :smile:
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate the feedback :flowerforyou:

:happy:
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options

xv1MB5A.png

Cute dress. :smile:

Thanks! It was super comfortable and flattering even after a few glasses of wine (or a lot). :wink: :blushing: