Dating Question

Options
simplycorey
simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
The other dating thread got me thinking. Guys - do you like it when women approach you or do you like to be the ones to approach them? Ladies - do you feel comfortable approaching guys or do you think they should pursue you?

Replies

• Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Im old fashioned
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I prefer it when a girl lets me know she is interested. I have a perfect rejection record when I am the first to approach.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    I have a perfect rejection record when I am the first to approach.

Thats actually impressive
  • whierd
    Options

It really is. I have done it before just to test it. :laugh:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Very interested to see the answers
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options

That's kind of funny ...

I guess I'm a bit old fashioned myself. I will flirt and let the guy know I'm interested but I don't feel comfortable asking a guy out and I'd rather they pursue me. But ... I haven't been single a whole lot the last 19 years and I was wondering what guys expect nowadays. lol
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options

Dont worry bro... we all get turned down.... Ive had girls just str8 turn their chair around in my face when Ive approached and said hi

gotta shake it off
  • whierd
    Options

Dont worry bro... we all get turned down.... Ive had girls just str8 turn their chair around in my face when Ive approached and said hi

gotta shake it off

Doesn't bother me anymore, just part of life.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Be obvious. Obvious to a guy is different than women believe. We're dumb as posts, so if you like us...best make it known. You don't have to ask him out, but you likely do have to go much further than you think in indicating your interest.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i meet people (friends of friends; strangers) when i'm out (private parties, public places) and go from there (like, i am not dating online). it *always* starts organically through conversation, so it's hard to tell how things start -- i am usually gregarious when in a social setting (though am temperamentally introverted) & am attracted to talkative people. if there's a vibe, i see where it goes.

*wait, i for sure do and have initiated many of these conversations.

i am horrified when someone just randomly, out of nowhere, just decides he likes the looks of me from afar and makes "an approach". ew ew ew.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I feel like the only guys that have ever asked me out are in the categories of: homeless, drunk, and/or has terrible hygiene. So basically I've come to feel comfortable doing the asking out - if I didn't, I'd end up that crazy dog lady that offers bread crusts to strangers.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in the dating scene, I was the guy who would throw a wink or a nod and send a drink over to get a reaction. Don't know if that's considered making the first move or not.
    I preferred a girl to come to me. Probably the Leo in me wanting their attention
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    As a female, I don't mind making the first move. If I'm interested then I will express that interest pretty clearly.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I am most comfortable being the pursuer. I've always been very selective on who I date. I know who I am as a person and I know what I want in a relationship. I'm not into wasting my time or others when it comes to dating.

I get a good amount of women approaching me. Being approached isn't uncomfortable for me. Although at times I get some crazies that have issues and then things get real uncomfortable.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've always been straight up with guys for the most part I make it VERY CLEAR I am interested and what I wanted relationship or not :wink: :heart: :love:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    When I have dutch courage, I will give it a go to approach a guy.

Both times, I've been rejected.

So, yes, I'd rather a guy approach me. Twice being rejected as a female hurts (though I do now understand how it hurts for guys too.)
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a bit old fashioned myself. I will flirt and let the guy know I'm interested but I don't feel comfortable asking a guy out and I'd rather they pursue me. But ...

This is how I feel too, I wouldn't be comfortable asking a guy out, making the first move, whatever.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on Match.com almost 7 years ago. Technically, I "weeded" him out with my search criteria. I'm glad he liked what he saw and had the guts to ask me out (even though he was 1 inch shorter than my height "requirement" and 1 year younger than me! I was SOooo Silly...)

"Old fashioned" but also firm believer that it really is nature's way that women attract; men pursue.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I asked for my first kiss with my now-husband, then openly admitted I was in love with him and wanted to be serious...it worked with him! :laugh:
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I have dutch courage, I will give it a go to approach a guy.

Both times, I've been rejected.

So, yes, I'd rather a guy approach me. Twice being rejected as a female hurts (though I do now understand how it hurts for guys too.)

Two whole times? Lol. If guys gave up after two times, the human race would have ceased to exist millinia ago.