This Breaks My Heart-Completely off H & F topic)

Options
2»

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My brothers BFF ate the wrong end of a shotgun when he was 8.

You talk about how suicide affects those left behind, you wouldn't believe how much that scars an 8 year old kid and changes the way he approaches life FOREVER.

Suicide is such a sad, sad, horrible thing.

As a suicide survivor I understand how people get that low that they think it's the ONLY answer, but I just wanna hug the stuffing out of them and get them to really understand it isn't, and it CAN get better.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    My brothers BFF ate the wrong end of a shotgun when he was 8.

You talk about how suicide affects those left behind, you wouldn't believe how much that scars an 8 year old kid and changes the way he approaches life FOREVER.

Suicide is such a sad, sad, horrible thing.

As a suicide survivor I understand how people get that low that they think it's the ONLY answer, but I just wanna hug the stuffing out of them and get them to really understand it isn't, and it CAN get better.
    :heart: you so very much!
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If things were that bad at my child's school, I think I'd be looking for another school or looking for alternatives. I was bullied as a kid because I didn't wear the same clothes as the "popular" kids. Even got made fun of because in the 5th grade I wore a pink shirt that "didn't match" the pink on my overalls! Bullying is NOT okay and I will not tolerate it happening to my children! I work hard to ensure that they are strong individuals that are accepting of others and their differences because our family is a mixed family. Both race and multiple parents.

The Mom did switch schools. It didn't matter, they found her via technology and continued the torment even after the girl wasn't at the same school.

I do think many teens can be cruel but the parents of the bullies had to know what was happening (there was a physical altercation) and yet they did nothing. In my opinion, you should ALWAYS love your child but you can't always support their actions.

On the news the parents were saying..."My child would never do such a thing. Their Facebook page must have been hacked."

If I had a dollar for every parent who was so closed minded to the reality of what their child was really doing...I wouldn't need to play the lotto! :)

And they were also saying they checked their kid's FB page and computer every single night.

PLEASE....for real?? Nice attempt to cover your own *kitten*...

Kudo's to the police department for making the bully stay in jail--even though the news reporter this morning thought that was a little extreme.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My brother being in the state he was, turned around and cracked one of the kids in the jaw. My brother got a two week suspension. The bullies had their patents called in but received no punishment.

:)

We had something similar happen. My son had been hassled for a couple years at a school that, outwardly, cared about bullying.

They pushed the whole, "Run away", "Tell an adult" thing, had assemblies about how to deal with it, all the usual crap.

But in reality, they seem to be trying to create psychopaths.

When he would report getting hit, tripped or kicked to adults - or even when they would _see_ it happen - _nothing_ would happen. When I complained, they would offer us BS platitudes about, "he has a tough home life and we're trying to be cognizant of that" - and NOTHING would happen.

Finally, one day the kid pushed my son into a locker and then spit on him. And then my son punched him in the face several times.

The school suspended my son for a week - even though there were witnesses to the whole thing - because he did not run away and tell an adult - an approach that has utterly failed him for years.

End result? The kid leaves him completely alone now. And my son and I had a really fun week that week he got off from school. :drinker:

This is why I will teach my boys the art of diplomacy, AND how to throw a decent punch.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My brother being in the state he was, turned around and cracked one of the kids in the jaw. My brother got a two week suspension. The bullies had their patents called in but received no punishment.

:)

We had something similar happen. My son had been hassled for a couple years at a school that, outwardly, cared about bullying.

They pushed the whole, "Run away", "Tell an adult" thing, had assemblies about how to deal with it, all the usual crap.

But in reality, they seem to be trying to create psychopaths.

When he would report getting hit, tripped or kicked to adults - or even when they would _see_ it happen - _nothing_ would happen. When I complained, they would offer us BS platitudes about, "he has a tough home life and we're trying to be cognizant of that" - and NOTHING would happen.

Finally, one day the kid pushed my son into a locker and then spit on him. And then my son punched him in the face several times.

The school suspended my son for a week - even though there were witnesses to the whole thing - because he did not run away and tell an adult - an approach that has utterly failed him for years.

End result? The kid leaves him completely alone now. And my son and I had a really fun week that week he got off from school. :drinker:

This is why I will teach my boys the art of diplomacy, AND how to throw a decent punch.

Absolutely!