Desk Job

Options
2»

Replies

• YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have a completely sedentary desk job, 12+ hours a day, at home (web design, development, marketing) so I could get up and move around a bit more freely.

For completely different reasons however I have had my eye on this elliptical that you could easily put under your desk: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VICRO8/

They also make standing desktop desks that you put on top of your desk, they lift your keyboard, mouse, and monitor up so you can stand instead of sit. These are adjustable so you can sit back down without putting it away. Sitting so long can really be bad for you so I am likely to invest in one of these ASAP.

FYI I have one of those ellipticals and it's a great space saver but I don't think it would do much for you under the desk. It just isn't arranged and aligned to work unless you're standing up on it. You have to be really careful with your balance too.

For me I can't use anything under my desk, it's got a shelf under it with just enough room for my feet.

Aside from that... how do you like that elliptical?

I have never used an elliptical and would love to have something I can toss in my closet and only bring out when in use.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm an underwriting assistant - holla! I go on walks with my co-worker during my lunch hour.