Can i have some 5 2 diet success stories please?

Options
12346»

Replies

• C4rl4
    C4rl4 Posts: 2
    Options
    My mother has been doing this diet.. My gosh she is looking so fantastic!!! She is also doing weight training and a bit of walking and running. Seeing as she is looking so good I'm going to give it a go! I wish I could post a photo of her because I'm so proud!!(but I'm pretty sure she would kill me!! Lol)
  • phnompenny
    phnompenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow- six months til I have to be a bridesmaid and about 20lbs to lose between now and then! Desperately need some motivating friends.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started today with my first fast today as well. Need to lose 30 pounds. Please feel free to add me as a friend anyone that's doing this or that have done this.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I started on 1st February. 2 fasts a week and so far I've lost 5.6kgs or 12lbs
    But that's not the best bit. The energy and the feeling better abs healthier and omfg I'm not bloated anymore! I've lost 2 inches off my thighs, 3 off my stomach and waaaaayyyyy more. I love this way of life. I feel like I can do this forever
  • CatLover22974
    CatLover22974 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start this within the next few days. For a fast day, I'm thinking of something like a poached egg on a slice of rye toast for breakfast; a crisp bread with cream cheese spread, ham or turkey, and a small side salad for lunch; grilled fish with steamed mixed veggies for dinner; and water or Rooibos tea (no milk or sugar) for drinks.
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've just finished week 3 of 5:2. I've lost about 4kg due exclusively to the diet (but expect some fluctuations as fluid retention etc... play a part). I don't exercise very much, although am lucky not to have any health problems.

I do mine 2 days in a row. If i have any advice, it's not to be too prescriptive about it. Pay attention to YOUR body- if it's telling you something's wrong, then change it up or see a doc. I'm currently experimenting with my 500 cals and what works in my lifestyle. 5:2 suits me because i go to alot of events and things on the weekend- i love amazing food and drinks, and while i still try and keep vague track of what i'm consuming, it's nice not to feel like the whole weekend- or surrounding days- is a failure, and then giving up.

The weird thing is, i actually find my brain is more active when i'm on my fast days. Hunger (in a 'healthy' way) seems to actually activate latent parts of my mind. I actually feel a little excited the day before, trying to see how much i can eat for my 500 cals (i have a fantastic 5:2 vegetarian recipe book, very simple). Turns out to be quite a bit if you're used to getting your protein from alternative sources anyway. I really don't feel deprived.

Actually that might be a recommendation for meat eaters: try going vego (or pescetarian) for the 2 days? You can eat 100g of 'caulifower couscous' and it's only around 40 cals...
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I usually do on Monday and Thursdays now but I'm thinking of moving the Monday to maybe Wednesday as I'm quite ill right now. I seem to have an inflamed chest which is so painful. I'll see how it goes.
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Starting this week! I think the 5:2 could easily fit into my lifestyle and I really love all the evidence supporting IF. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Starting this week! I think the 5:2 could easily fit into my lifestyle and I really love all the evidence supporting IF. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me!

Good luck with your fast day!!!!! I'll be doing my second fast for the week on Thursday
  • phanmale13
    phanmale13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started the 5:2 just over 3 weeks ago as I've tried all sorts of diets and since I've been on meds for bipolar, it seems as fast as I lose, I gain again. I've lost every week so far and also lost an inch off my waist measurements already. I find the fast days quite easy as generally I wake with no appetite, so it's easy just to drink lots of water all day to help hunger pangs, stick rigidly to 500 cals or just under on my 2 fast days (usually Monday and Thursday unless I have a "catch up on sleep" day at the weekend, in which case I make that one of my fast days instead. I've been eating whatever I like on my non-fast days which makes it easier to follow as I can go out for a meal if invited without worrying about counting calories but also eat what I want without guilt. If I really do have to blow a fast day, then I just make sure the next day is a fast to make up for it, although this has only happened once so far and was easier to live with than the guilt for "blowing my diet" when I've eaten something "naughty" when I'm counting calories 7 days a week.
    All the time I'm losing (weight and/or inches, I'm going to stick to it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!