Best live music moment

Options
2»

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Seeing the Eagles get back on stage.

Watching Willie Nelson at a small State Fair, He gives it everything .
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Live Aid. London.

Subsequently there have have been other amazing gigs, but nothing will top that.

Best in recent years was William Shatner and Joe Jackson joining Ben Folds at the El-Ray theatre in LA a few years ago.
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    Chris Cornell on his Songbook tour in 2011 :love: followed a few months later by Soundgarden at the Big Day Out! Oh my goodness Chris is just incredible :heart: :heart:
    Another highlight was the Foo Fighters. They are fantastic live. Oh and Slipknot, holy moly. Fireworks and upside-down drumkits, you can't beat them for showmanship!

Edited to add: METALLICA! Can't believe I nealy forgot them. God they're good.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Seeing The Cure for my 16th birthday, & my first concert. They are legends to me, & they put on a great show!

Meeting Jay Gordon, leadsinger of the band Orgy twice, after two different shows, & getting pictures with him.

Meeting Christopher Hall. formerly the leadsinger of Stabbing Westward & now the leadsinger of The Dreaming. Met him & then band, four times, & got to hang with them. Cool guys.

Seeing Nine Inch Nails live, back in 2008. I'd love to see them again, they put on an awesome show.
  • thhay
    thhay Posts: 11
    Options
    Glad to see so many of these moments were with lesser known artists!

I've seen Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours many times.

Some highlights include:

Getting my 13 year old son up on stage to play trombone and having him play a solo (which he had never done!).

When he found out (on stage) that his new banjo player (Derek Bodkin) was a world class whistler, he turned him loose and Derek whistled a symphony! Amazing performance.

Saw Edgar Cruz perform Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody - on a six string guitar!
    Also saw Edgar perform Live and Let Die - unbelievable!

Tommy Emmanuel. No words. Acoustic guitar. Get tickets (if you can - he sells out small venues in as little as 45 minutes).
  • AcidWords21
    AcidWords21 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Seeing Korn for the first time in Bakersfield in 2000. Show was insane.

2002 Seen Metal bands Arch Enemy & Nile. Caught the pick of Chris Amott.
    Best moment of the show for me was when the band Artisan covered "Pull the Plug" by Death in honor of Chuck Shuldiner (RIP)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge jayz fan, and living in New Zealand I didn't think I'd ever see him live, but he came here to open for U2. I don't think I've ever been happier, was forced to stay and watch U2 though.

And if any of the following are playing I know I will have an awesome night, David Dallas, shihad, weta and head like a hole.