Two NSVs my wife wasn't sure she liked

Options
13»

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    great job! i had to have my ring resized too. i really did not want too, b/c it was a nice reminder of how far i've come. but i would've lost it. it was also a nice reminder that now i don't ever plan on being that size again!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing it. It's how my wife transmits her commands directly to my brain, and if I take it off I tend to walk in a circle muttering

Thanks for the giggle!

I've used medical tape in a pinch until I could buy a sized.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's! Get a good belt!:smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You can get spacers at Walmart cheaply if you don't have time to get your ring resized or don't have a way to do it for free. :happy: And the pants? You can get cheap pants! Hit up the outlet mall.
  • GooooHeather
    Options
    Buy yourself a new pair of jeans! Your wife will appreciate seeing that nice butt, clothed beautifully, and you'll feel even greater when looking in the mirror. Nice work!!!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Last night I stood by the bed, shook my hand and my wedding band fell off. Then I loosened my belt and my pants fell off...

My wife's reaction... "Wow! Hey! Wait a minute!!!"

I actually really enjoy the feeling of the ring being loose, but I know I'll need to get it re-sized soon or I'll lose it. It's something to remind me that I am doing the right thing every time I wobble my hand. The pants thing is a problem because I'm planning to lose more weight, and don't want to buy any "middle weight" pants.
    Congratulations on your success so far! Keep the ring safe! and you *need* to at least buy 1 - 2 pairs of middle pants... thriftstore? or super cheap ones? keep up the good work!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Shrinking is fun, eh? Find someone with a sewing machine, and get them to take your pants in an inch or two. You can do that a few times before you'll have to invest in some new ones.
    That's a really good idea!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am glad the ring fell of at home instead of outside somewhere where you could not find it.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    An elastic band works just as well for the wedding ring.
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ha! Excellent! Put your ring on a chain and wear it around your neck until you reach your goal weight. Lots of tradies do that here as they can't have anything on their hands for safety reasons.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm looking forward to the exact opposite NSV. I was at my goal weight when we got married and I haven't worn my engagement or wedding ring for almost 25 years! I had to take them off when pregnant with my first child because I'd gained so much weight. o.O So I can't wait for the day I can put them both back on again! :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Just switch the ring to a bigger finger. If you are right handed, the fingers will be larger on that hand. I am currently wearing my engagement ring on my right middle finger. Will resize when I hit goal.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My ring finger has apparently not gotten any skinnier!
    Neither has mine but then my hands were never fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!