If You're doing away with Carbs....Add Me!

Options

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    and if you LOVE CARBS ADD ME.
    carbs are your fuel,
    you need them
    lafayette_gif.gif
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options

nice! i dont limit mine at all, but i only come in at around 165g on average... on days that i "accidentally" go lower, i feel like crap, can barely run a simple mile...

That might actually be a medical issue.. good luck.
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    Isn't it weird how you asked for some support and go a whole lot of stupid......

In between that some nice people, hope you get the support you were looking for. There's something for everyone here I guess.

What's amazing is that I posted about low carb and suddenly those who are against it felt the need to put in their two cents. Funny! Everyone is an expert I guess LOL
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So Apparently I should have specified BAD CARBS....WOW! Amazed! LMAO!

WAIT!? THERE ARE BAD CARBS!? Why am I just finding out about this now!!!?!?!?!?

image25.gif

:laugh:
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Isn't it weird how you asked for some support and go a whole lot of stupid......

In between that some nice people, hope you get the support you were looking for. There's something for everyone here I guess.

What's amazing is that I posted about low carb and suddenly those who are against it felt the need to put in their two cents. Funny! Everyone is an expert I guess LOL
    All those 2 cents can go buy you a lovely, nice, warm, artesian baguette YUM
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I wouldn't say everyone is an expert but if you look through this thread at the people against it, most of them have an icon on the right half of their weight loss ticker...just saying!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    how do you people have enough energy for shenanigans without carbs? I would have to be celibate to give those babies up

i'm giving it a try for the hell of it.

i've learned 3 things

1. the human body can hang onto an unbelievable amount of water

2. low carb diet is really good at eliminating the water

3. assuming i eat an adaqute amount of carbs, i can eat whatever else i want and still reach my goals assuming i'm eating to my calorie plan.

I expected to be super low energy when i started. Suprisingly i've not experienced this. The first night i was actually so keyed up i couldn't sleep. i"m used to ruining on fumes basically though, this might not be everyones experience.

I can think of something else that eliminates water and I need carbs to do that. oh well, sounds like you've got a good plan going.

OP - I think people for the most part are supportive (but a little incredulous at the thought of giving up carbs), it's just Friday and everyone is feeling a little silly. good luck with everything. : )
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not wording it correctly....No need to attack Me! Geez...

if this was a car forum, i'd have told you to put your flame retardant suit on.

Exactly! If you're going to post about low carb, wear body armor!
    ;))
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    360g of carbs every day here. Would not give them up. lol

I'm with you, I've been over 400g a day for the last year. No Way I would give mine up... Heck that would mean no more scratch made waffles for breakfast every morning and that's not happening.... lol Best of Luck OP......
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

that has already been debunked in a previous thread...
  • Jusjerzy
    Jusjerzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been under 30 carbs for the past few months and feel amazing. I run every day (lighter on lifting days) and still have plenty of energy. After I got through the initial hell of my brain shutting down on me for the first few days, everything has been great. I don't even crave carby foods like I used to.

Some people dig it, some people hate it.

^^^^^
    Exactly this. Same for me. I have been holding mine to around 30-40 for the past 10 months. Take one hour kickboxing cardio classes 4 times a week and lift as well. Plenty of energy.

It's a personal thing. Do what works FOR YOU. For me, the white sugars and simple carbs are a "trigger" and if I keep them in my diet I am hungry all the time and tend to binge and feel fluffy. Without them I feel so much better.........but that's just me.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    no carbs here I run on fuel injectors. =)
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Add me!!

Lost 98 lbs. Been in Ketosis for MONTHS..

Let the haters hate. I and MANY MANY others are living proof that you don't need carbs to lose weight, exercise regularly and SURVIVE! LOL
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options

that has already been debunked in a previous thread...

hahaha no.
  • fonehtiks
    Options
    I'm honestly incredibly happy that I joined this fitness website so that I would have the glorious chance of communicating with other health geniuses who, for some reason, do not possess the knowledge that fat is actually stored energy.

But I guess it's probably just the jealousy speaking when you sit there starving and staring blankly at your 200-calorie triscuit pack and dry salad while the low carbers have their bacon cheddar hamburger patties and lose the same, if not more than you.

When glycogen stores are not available in the cells, fat (triacylglycerol) is cleaved to provide 3 fatty acid chains and 1 glycerol molecule in a process known as lipolysis. Most of the body is able to use fatty acids as an alternative source of energy in a process called beta-oxidation. One of the products of beta-oxidation is acetyl-CoA, which can be further used in the citric acid cycle. During prolonged fasting or starvation, or as the intentional result of a ketogenic diet, acetyl-CoA in the liver is used to produce ketone bodies instead, leading to a state of ketosis.
    During starvation or a long physical training session, the body starts using fatty acids instead of glucose. The brain cannot use long-chain fatty acids for energy because they are completely albumin-bound and cannot cross the blood–brain barrier. Not all medium-chain fatty acids are bound to albumin. The unbound medium-chain fatty acids are soluble in the blood and can cross the blood–brain barrier.[3] The ketone bodies produced in the liver can also cross the blood–brain barrier. In the brain, these ketone bodies are then incorporated into acetyl-CoA and used in the citric acid cycle.[citation needed]
    The ketone body acetoacetate will slowly decarboxylate into acetone, a volatile compound that is both metabolized as an energy source and lost in the breath and urine.

If any of those words are too big for you nutrition geniuses or if you crashed trying to read that many words and had to take a break to eat some dry rice cakes, I can explain them for you.
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    zero carbs? so you are planning on having zero energy?

Out...carbs are not the devil...

Did you know that if your body does not have enough carbs to burn for fuel that it will produce ketones in your body and start burning fat as fuel!?!?!?!

Nope carbs are not necessary :)
  • bitty_401
    Options
    just doing upt to 20 g Carbs. Sometimes none at all. all proteins.
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    I'm honestly incredibly happy that I joined this fitness website so that I would have the glorious chance of communicating with other health geniuses who, for some reason, do not possess the knowledge that fat is actually stored energy.

But I guess it's probably just the jealousy speaking when you sit there starving and staring blankly at your 200-calorie triscuit pack and dry salad while the low carbers have their bacon cheddar hamburger patties and lose the same, if not more than you.

When glycogen stores are not available in the cells, fat (triacylglycerol) is cleaved to provide 3 fatty acid chains and 1 glycerol molecule in a process known as lipolysis. Most of the body is able to use fatty acids as an alternative source of energy in a process called beta-oxidation. One of the products of beta-oxidation is acetyl-CoA, which can be further used in the citric acid cycle. During prolonged fasting or starvation, or as the intentional result of a ketogenic diet, acetyl-CoA in the liver is used to produce ketone bodies instead, leading to a state of ketosis.
    During starvation or a long physical training session, the body starts using fatty acids instead of glucose. The brain cannot use long-chain fatty acids for energy because they are completely albumin-bound and cannot cross the blood–brain barrier. Not all medium-chain fatty acids are bound to albumin. The unbound medium-chain fatty acids are soluble in the blood and can cross the blood–brain barrier.[3] The ketone bodies produced in the liver can also cross the blood–brain barrier. In the brain, these ketone bodies are then incorporated into acetyl-CoA and used in the citric acid cycle.[citation needed]
    The ketone body acetoacetate will slowly decarboxylate into acetone, a volatile compound that is both metabolized as an energy source and lost in the breath and urine.

If any of those words are too big for you nutrition geniuses or if you crashed trying to read that many words and had to take a break to eat some dry rice cakes, I can explain them for you.

THANK YOU!
  • TreeZombie
    TreeZombie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i gave up carbs also, is only way my body loses weight with out starving myself.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

cm-39268-050cb463153f8a.jpeg