Butt cheeks are uneven??

Options
124»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Could it be...

...standing not straight due to holding camera?

....scoliosis? Uneven hip levels making it appear that one glute is larger than the other or the curvature making you stand and workout with a posture that favors one side?

...compensating on one leg for some kind of injury?

I wrote these in that order because they are in order of easiest to look into, have a friend take pic, have someone look at your back after googling what to look for (or go to a pro), have someone watch your form during exercise and/or daily activity type motions like bending reaching sitting etc.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no advice to give, but I do have some feedback on the photo.

1. I can't imagine anyone noticing that, but you. I mean, if you point it out to someone, maybe they'd see it, but other than that, meh. It's pretty subtle.

2. I wish my butt looked like that. Seriously. Kudos to you, for your hard work. You look great.

3. I think you are awesome for posting a picture of your butt. Just sayin'...
  • Tribesmama
    Options
    I have uneven butt cheeks , that is caused by my hips being unaligned, i have hypermobility and even though the physio has aligned my hips 15 times in past 4 years my hip decides it wants freedom and pops back out.
    Check with your physio they maybe be able to help
  • Kiyafuller
    Kiyafuller Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have this exact problem and my butt looks almost exactly like yours lol. I found out not long ago that my left leg is slightly longer than my right and my hips are uneven and it caused this. The physical therapist advised me to wear an insert in the right shoe. You should try it! @baileyii
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It's alive!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    but also consider seeing a physio or an osteopath, I recently discovered I had uneven hips which explained why one leg was sort of coming in a bit when I walked plus discomfort when sleeping and sitting.
    Because you don't want this imbalance to cause a chain reaction where you start to have knee or other joint problems
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Awesome question!

My hips are hyper- mobile. I routinely need to visit the PT and have them adjusted. One side will be 1-2 inches higher. Could it be something like this? I've never checked my butt for symmetry.