Is there a way to correct or delete very bad food entries?

Options
For example today I look up a Thai soup with chicken, and get a ton of hits, most of them saying it has no protein, a couple on an entry including "with chicken meat" in the header, one had no fat...in a coconut milk with chicken soup. If I could exclude/delete or edit these obviously bad/false entries from coming up, it would be great! I know I can put in my own in "my foods" but am hoping for another option.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    my ice cream has no protein in it... I eat it anyway.

not sure really what your question is.

If you love it. And you don't go over calories. Just eat it. If you were to look at my diary you'd think I was a complete slob- but I mostly stay around calories. So I'm good. call it a day.
  • amezysk
    amezysk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think they are using the word "bad" to mean that the nutrition information in the MFP database is obviously incorrect... Not that the food is "bad for you".

Edit: And to actually answer, I'm unaware of any way to do that, but it drives me nuts too when I have to troll through a ton of entries because certain nutrition facts weren't filled out. (Like minestrone soup with no fiber or sodium... What's up with that?)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think they are using the word "bad" to mean that the nutrition information in the MFP database is obviously incorrect... Not that the food is "bad for you".

Edit: And to actually answer, I'm unaware of any way to do that, but it drives me nuts too when I have to troll through a ton of entries because certain nutrition facts weren't filled out. (Like minestrone soup with no fiber or sodium... What's up with that?)
    [/quote

You can not delete the entries but you can edit them if you know the correct calories and macros.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

Yes that's what I meant, I don't want to scold my food and tell it its really bad :) I just keep coming across these extremely poor entries when I do a search, and I have to weed through several entries that tell you a food item with chicken has no fat and protein to find one with somewhat correct nutritional information for example. Last night it was popcorn: some entries had no protein, all had wrong calorie info, with the correct name too of course. I ended up selecting one of the wrong calorie entries and increased the servings because I didnt feel like fishing the package out of the trash. But I'd rather be able to fix the invalid entries or at least mark them bad.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What drives me bonkers is that check box at the bottom of the page that says "Yes, let other MyFitnessPal members use this food." during the Create Food process. It automatically defaults to an unchecked box so when you save it doesn't go into the main database. People are checking that box on purpose and adding in their crappy incorrect entries for the rest of the community to have to weed through.