Ground turkey and fecal matter

Options

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That's why I cook stuff.
    I'm taking it you've never eaten out of the garbage?

You made me giggle.
  • datgnat
    datgnat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Must hold back 'fecetious' comment...
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a recipe. For once, I actually wanted to substitute cauliflower for an ingredient..

I love you.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yeh, there's fecal coliform everywhere....even on your fingers right now! :drinker:

Sanitize all of the things!!

I don't know if this is even relevant, but there was a Mythbusters that had toothbrushes by their bathroom and after a week or something, all the toothbrushes had poop on them.

Moral? Don't put ANYTHING in the toilet room!

Including poop? :huh:

There was a woman in another thread she'd seen a practical demo of the splatter pattern/reach of coloured dye in the toilet after flushing. I think she keeps her toothbrush well out of the way now.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a recipe. For once, I actually wanted to substitute cauliflower for an ingredient..

best post on this site.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Yeh, there's fecal coliform everywhere....even on your fingers right now! :drinker:

And there's a ton on your money. I'll save you. Give me all your money, QUICK!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea how much fecal matter you come into contact with every day? Poop is everywhere, might as well make it delicious with turkey.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just the latest in dirty food. On my local news yesterday, they said never to buy ground turkey as they have found over 50% of it to contain fecal matter. They said this can be very dangerous for the elderly, children and compromised people. They also said more food is, namely chicken is being sent to China for processing, then sent back here, so it's hard to tell where your food comes from. With tilapia also being farm raised in filth, gmo's, pesticides and the like, it's so hard to know what to eat. I realize you can make sure to cook poultry to kill bacteria but this is getting ridiculous. Why does our Government allow this?

You do realize that the bacteria in fecal matter is destroyed during the cooking process, right?

And GMO's are not an additive to "come in contact with". :laugh:

Actually, it depends how well cooked it is. And there are some strains of bacteria and viruses that survive cooking. Despite the humorous responses, food contamination kills not an insignificant number of people each year.

I'm sure this is true...years ago I had disentary (sp?) for months before the doctors found out what it was. It was Horrible, and I'm sure I only made it thru because I was young and healthy. Talk about a "diet"....was not able to hold down any food.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

And there's a ton on your money. I'll save you. Give me all your money, QUICK!

You wouldn't believe how many dudes I get at my store that don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Just the latest in dirty food. On my local news yesterday, they said never to buy ground turkey as they have found over 50% of it to contain fecal matter. They said this can be very dangerous for the elderly, children and compromised people. They also said more food is, namely chicken is being sent to China for processing, then sent back here, so it's hard to tell where your food comes from. With tilapia also being farm raised in filth, gmo's, pesticides and the like, it's so hard to know what to eat. I realize you can make sure to cook poultry to kill bacteria but this is getting ridiculous. Why does our Government allow this?

You do realize that the bacteria in fecal matter is destroyed during the cooking process, right?

And GMO's are not an additive to "come in contact with". :laugh:

Actually, it depends how well cooked it is. And there are some strains of bacteria and viruses that survive cooking. Despite the humorous responses, food contamination kills not an insignificant number of people each year.

I'm sure this is true...years ago I had disentary (sp?) for months before the doctors found out what it was. It was Horrible, and I'm sure I only made it thru because I was young and healthy. Talk about a "diet"....was not able to hold down any food.

You got dysentery? Was it because you tried to ford the river and your oxen drowned?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Sanitize all of the things!!

I don't know if this is even relevant, but there was a Mythbusters that had toothbrushes by their bathroom and after a week or something, all the toothbrushes had poop on them.

Moral? Don't put ANYTHING in the toilet room!

Including poop? :huh:

There was a woman in another thread she'd seen a practical demo of the splatter pattern/reach of coloured dye in the toilet after flushing. I think she keeps her toothbrush well out of the way now.

Yes including poop because I was 100% serious.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in the inoculation theory.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP you ever been on a turkey farm? Cause I have and...Well let's just say this doesn't shock me
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    holy ****.... you mean farm animals come into contact with feces? what's next, our fruits and vegetables?

Outrageous!....

Wait, now I get it. :bigsmile:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

NOoooooo!
  • FredDoyle
    Options

NOoooooo!
    When I make my wines/beers/meads/ciders I use Star San to sanitize all these nasties and then inoculate with saccharomyces.

Then, I lick my fingers.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

NOoooooo!
    When I make my wines/beers/meads/ciders I use Star San to sanitize all these nasties and then inoculate with saccharomyces.

Then, I lick my fingers.

Oooh that's a relief! I thought you meant that thing that causes Autism.
  • FredDoyle
    Options

NOoooooo!

Then, I lick my fingers.

Oooh that's a relief! I thought you meant that thing that causes Autism.
    No!
    Get your children vaccinated. Anything else would be be irresponsible and a detriment to those who can't.
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options

BWAAAA too funny!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    OP you ever been on a turkey farm? Cause I have and...Well let's just say this doesn't shock me

Never been on a turkey farm, but driving by some, from the highway - the smell is gag worthy. It will curl you hair. So, nothing about turkey surprises me.