Ground turkey and fecal matter

Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Delicious. If you can't kill and gut your own animals.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in the inoculation theory.

NOoooooo!
    When I make my wines/beers/meads/ciders I use Star San to sanitize all these nasties and then inoculate with saccharomyces.

Then, I lick my fingers.

Oooh that's a relief! I thought you meant that thing that causes Autism.
    No!
    Get your children vaccinated. Anything else would be be irresponsible and a detriment to those who can't.

Well thank god I don't have kids.

That in itself would probably be irresponsible.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think that most of the meat slaughtered in North America is contaminated with fecal matter also.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just the latest in dirty food. On my local news yesterday, they said never to buy ground turkey as they have found over 50% of it to contain fecal matter. They said this can be very dangerous for the elderly, children and compromised people. They also said more food is, namely chicken is being sent to China for processing, then sent back here, so it's hard to tell where your food comes from. With tilapia also being farm raised in filth, gmo's, pesticides and the like, it's so hard to know what to eat. I realize you can make sure to cook poultry to kill bacteria but this is getting ridiculous. Why does our Government allow this?

Wait, an unnamed local "news" station said companies somehow find it more cost effective to ship chickens to China, have them killed and/or chopped to bits and packaged, and then shipped back? I guess the anti immigrant laws are working and fuel for international transport has suddenly gotten cheaper.
  • FredDoyle
    Options

NOoooooo!
    When I make my wines/beers/meads/ciders I use Star San to sanitize all these nasties and then inoculate with saccharomyces.

Then, I lick my fingers.

No!
    Get your children vaccinated. Anything else would be be irresponsible and a detriment to those who can't.

Not necessarily. We're meant to replace ourselves at least, sex drive and all that. Perhaps we're not meant in an overpopulated world to go all "Duggar" or for the non TV people "have 16 children".
    IOf you have 16 children, use the scientifically proven vaccination strategy to protect those that can't, for medical reasons, be vaccinated. Or relegate yourself to the clan of internet warriors like Jenny McCarthy who do nothing to forward the understanding because they are ignorant of science.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yeh, there's fecal coliform everywhere....even on your fingers right now! :drinker:

Sanitize all of the things!!

I don't know if this is even relevant, but there was a Mythbusters that had toothbrushes by their bathroom and after a week or something, all the toothbrushes had poop on them.

Moral? Don't put ANYTHING in the toilet room!

I think the toothbrush thing actually is true. You can't get away from poop no matter what. Crap, that pisses me off
  • robsmithey
    Options
    I am no longer hungry ...thanks ya' ll :happy:
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Just the latest in dirty food. On my local news yesterday, they said never to buy ground turkey as they have found over 50% of it to contain fecal matter. They said this can be very dangerous for the elderly, children and compromised people. They also said more food is, namely chicken is being sent to China for processing, then sent back here, so it's hard to tell where your food comes from. With tilapia also being farm raised in filth, gmo's, pesticides and the like, it's so hard to know what to eat. I realize you can make sure to cook poultry to kill bacteria but this is getting ridiculous. Why does our Government allow this?

Wait, an unnamed local "news" station said companies somehow find it more cost effective to ship chickens to China, have them killed and/or chopped to bits and packaged, and then shipped back? I guess the anti immigrant laws are working and fuel for international transport has suddenly gotten cheaper.

This was on a yahoo post recently. Its truly ridiculous to do all of that but, hey, what do we know? We're only the people who are gonna eat it.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options

This is probably my fault. I work at the turkey processing plant. My supervisor is always telling me to wash my hands after I go to the bathroom, but I always forget. Sorry, everyone.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Close the lid before you flush. I keep my toothbrush in a cup full of hydrogen peroxide and rinse it before I brush; If these precautions aren't enough, I guess I'll have to stop brushing my teeth!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

NOoooooo!

Then, I lick my fingers.

No!

Not necessarily. We're meant to replace ourselves at least, sex drive and all that. Perhaps we're not meant in an overpopulated world to go all "Duggar" or for the non TV people "have 16 children".
    IOf you have 16 children, use the scientifically proven vaccination strategy to protect those that can't, for medical reasons, be vaccinated. Or relegate yourself to the clan of internet warriors like Jenny McCarthy who do nothing to forward the understanding because they are ignorant of science.

I completely agree re the bold.

My girlfriend and I try to make babies every time we're together.
  • FredDoyle
    Options

This is probably my fault. I work at the turkey processing plant. My supervisor is always telling me to wash my hands after I go to the bathroom, but I always forget. Sorry, everyone.
    It's ok, I cook the ****e.
    I wonder how many squeamish types here have scratched their bum in their sleep.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

:mad:

Jerk.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I must say, even without reading anything else, the title of this thread pretty much destroyed my appetite for dinner.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Options

This was on a yahoo post recently. Its truly ridiculous to do all of that but, hey, what do we know? We're only the people who are gonna eat it.

Holy crap, that part is right.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/31/business/chinese-chicken-processors-are-cleared-to-ship-to-us.html?_r=0

**starts reading**
  • ohkatherinewheel
    ohkatherinewheel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a recipe. For once, I actually wanted to substitute cauliflower for an ingredient..

I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

:laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I must say, even without reading anything else, the title of this thread pretty much destroyed my appetite for dinner.

You should. It's pretty interesting.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options

read it and weep....http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/schumer-blasts-usdas-decision-to-allow-us-chicken-processing-in-china/
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Options

read it and weep....http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/schumer-blasts-usdas-decision-to-allow-us-chicken-processing-in-china/

Yeah, I found that. I was wrong. It didn't make me "weep" but it does make more sense to me as an issue with international trade vs "wah, the evil food companies are out to get us for no reason!"
  • FredDoyle
    Options

read it and weep....
    You haven't read any of the other posts have you :grumble:
    Go wash your hands, or lick them.
    The human body's immune system is amazing. Look into it.
    And then wash your hands. they have been in contact with many people who have questionable hygienic habits.
    e coli and all that...