Toxic sugar's secrets CBC doc link

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaYa0AB8TQ

Up on You tube the latest documentary

The CBC fifth estate looks at how toxic sugar really is, the demented rats swimming in a tub and just as bad the links to cancer, the fact that it drives the insulin which drives the storage of fat until the person becomes diabetic is well known.

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    5ipp5Jq.jpg?1
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4i8brl8wB1qg3muyo1_500.gif 
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Um No!! Just No........ Good Grief. ............
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    who do I believe the kid who buys the cereal with the cartoons on the box or Dr. Lustig.

You tube the skinny on obesity a must watch.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Count Chocula is my hero. Speaking of which, I need to stock up. It's the season!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be bad mouthing Count Chocula now! :explode: There are certain places in this world where we are deprived of that ambrosia. :sad: :tongue:
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Yeah you lost me at how well-known it is that sugar "causes diabetes". Well, actually you lost me at "toxic sugar", but causes diabetes was the point when I had proof positive that your link was a crock of crap.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the special on the evils of organic food...

ScreenHunter_04+Jan.+07+23.11.jpg
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Count Chocula is my hero. Speaking of which, I need to stock up. It's the season!

I challenge you to pick up a box of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal..... you may just have a new favorite afterwards.... :drinker:
  • Stage14
    Options

...and don't forget the Frankenberry!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

I challenge you to pick up a box of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal..... you may just have a new favorite afterwards.... :drinker:

I can sense a new after dinner snack idea (refuses to give up my Greek yogurt for breakfast habits) :bigsmile:

@Stage14. Im guilty to admit I've never had Frankenberry! Something about chocolate with chocolate which then makes chocolate milk was all I ever wanted in life...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaYa0AB8TQ

Up on You tube the latest documentary

The CBC fifth estate looks at how toxic sugar really is, the demented rats swimming in a tub and just as bad the links to cancer, the fact that it drives the insulin which drives the storage of fat until the person becomes diabetic is well known.

Because we all know that something is automatically true just because it's on the interwebz ...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I watched the YouTube video linked above, and I am going to immediately decrease my sugar consumption .. as I think that it has real health implications.

You guys can joke and make fun of it .. but the science tells me that consuming sugar like most of us do, is not a good idea.

Thanks for this thread. The 45 min I spent watching the video is time well spent.
  • Stage14
    Options

I can sense a new after dinner snack idea (refuses to give up my Greek yogurt for breakfast habits) :bigsmile:

@Stage14. Im guilty to admit I've never had Frankenberry! Something about chocolate with chocolate which then makes chocolate milk was all I ever wanted in life...

Definitely grab a box to try this season! While I agree that Count Chocula is king, I do love that wacky strawberry cousin of his. Plus, alternating between the two makes them last longer. :)
  • Stage14
    Options
    I watched the YouTube video linked above, and I am going to immediately decrease my sugar consumption .. as I think that it has real health implications.

You guys can joke and make fun of it .. but the science tells me that consuming sugar like most of us do, is not a good idea.

Thanks for this thread. The 45 min I spent watching the video is time well spent.

You do get that the "science" in the video isn't actual sound science, right? Read the links posted by PP for more info on why this guy is a joke.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Definitely grab a box to try this season! While I agree that Count Chocula is king, I do love that wacky strawberry cousin of his. Plus, alternating between the two makes them last longer. :)

I found two of the old monster cereals at Target: Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. Soon I will be enjoying orangey and fruity goodness.