Toxic sugar's secrets CBC doc link

Options

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Count Chocula is my hero. Speaking of which, I need to stock up. It's the season!

I challenge you to pick up a box of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal..... you may just have a new favorite afterwards.... :drinker:

I can sense a new after dinner snack idea (refuses to give up my Greek yogurt for breakfast habits) :bigsmile:

@Stage14. Im guilty to admit I've never had Frankenberry! Something about chocolate with chocolate which then makes chocolate milk was all I ever wanted in life...

Definitely grab a box to try this season! While I agree that Count Chocula is king, I do love that wacky strawberry cousin of his. Plus, alternating between the two makes them last longer. :)

I found two of the old monster cereals at Target: Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. Soon I will be enjoying orangey and fruity goodness.

Saw those. Have yet to try them.

I haven't eaten them since the late 70's or early 80's. I'm holding off because it will suck if they aren't as awesome as I remember.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the Devil.
    :devil:
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    And now, I have to go to Target.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    NOT SCIENCE!

Intellectual dishonesty and pure quackery......the lack of critical thinking leaves me stunned....kind of akin to Leno's Man on the Street scenes......btw, I shave my head and there are no alligators in my yard.....quick, shave your heads.....a sure example of Chicken Little's cry of alarm "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!' Oh my, lions and tigers and bears....

Sheesh
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Health is relative. If you aren't healthy, stop giving advice. If you are, consider that what works for you might not work for others and... stop giving advice.

Learn what works for you. Get your blood work done. Make changes, and learn how you work. I bet most of the people on this thread have no idea how their bodies actually work, and yet, they want to advise others.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Health is relative. If you aren't healthy, stop giving advice. If you are, consider that what works for you might not work for others and... stop giving advice.

Learn what works for you. Get your blood work done. Make changes, and learn how you work. I bet most of the people on this thread have no idea how their bodies actually work, and yet, they want to advise others.
    Who IS supposed to give the advice then? :huh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In for toxinz
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Here we go again...
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    mmm sUgar
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Count Chocula is my hero. Speaking of which, I need to stock up. It's the season!

I challenge you to pick up a box of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate cereal..... you may just have a new favorite afterwards.... :drinker:

I can sense a new after dinner snack idea (refuses to give up my Greek yogurt for breakfast habits) :bigsmile:

@Stage14. Im guilty to admit I've never had Frankenberry! Something about chocolate with chocolate which then makes chocolate milk was all I ever wanted in life...

Definitely grab a box to try this season! While I agree that Count Chocula is king, I do love that wacky strawberry cousin of his. Plus, alternating between the two makes them last longer. :)

I found two of the old monster cereals at Target: Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. Soon I will be enjoying orangey and fruity goodness.

I haven't eaten them since the late 70's or early 80's. I'm holding off because it will suck if they aren't as awesome as I remember.

Lol! I so get this....I am really not a sugar fan. Not because it's evil or whatever, but it's just not my thing and that becomes more true as the years go by. So sometimes when I remember really liking something as a kid, I purposely don't eat it because I know there's no way I'll like it as much now. Except 100 Grand bars. I have one of those bad boys about once a year and they're still awesome. Plus I had a crush on the kid in the commercial when I was like eight, sooo.....

ETA: I do remember liking Franken Berries, though. Wasn't the a third one as well?
  • Rickyjames123
    Options
    Follow a systematic routine and avoid junk food. Drink lot of water atleast 5 ltrs a day.take a proper sleep of min 8 hrs.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Lol! I so get this....I am really not a sugar fan. Not because it's evil or whatever, but it's just not my thing and that becomes more true as the years go by. So sometimes when I remember really liking something as a kid, I purposely don't eat it because I know there's no way I'll like it as much now. Except 100 Grand bars. I have one of those bad boys about once a year and they're still awesome. Plus I had a crush on the kid in the commercial when I was like eight, sooo.....

ETA: I do remember liking Franken Berries, though. Wasn't the a third one as well?

Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Franken Berry.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm... sugar.

chocolate-muffin-sugar-dust-gif.gif
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Forums are heavy on the stupid today.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Who IS supposed to give the advice then? :huh:

Apparently he is, as he just gave advice...t that people should stop giving advice and to get blood work done.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    who do I believe the kid who buys the cereal with the cartoons on the box or Dr. Lustig.

You tube the skinny on obesity a must watch.

I believe someone like Aragon. There are other people to look to - not just those two you mention (thank goodness).
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video....

Boo Berry is my favorite!!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the special on the evils of organic food...

Organic is so last decade
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I got a box of those about 2 months ago. With no milk it was good. With milk I wasn't a fan.

I still have around 20 boxes of the count left to go through. I have to stock up with more while supplies last.

Yeah same here I just pour some into a bowl and eat them dry but on occasion will mix with chocolate milk.... :drinker: