WHY WORK OUT ON A SATURDAY?

Options

Replies

• northbay63
    Options
    best way to start the weekend. 45 min cardio today for me, 800 free calories to use on my cheat meal tomorrow
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my favourite day of the week to work out.

For a start, I sleep in a bit later than the weekdays, and don't have to rush to get there (it's not a work day) and I can do a longer weights routine and choose whether to do some cardio at the gym or head down to the beach for a long walk afterwards. The options are endless and I've got the luxury of time to do something a bit different.

Exercise makes me feel good too :)

Also, as stated above, it earns some extra calories toward a glass of wine on Saturday night or guilt free dinner out or takeaway.

Why work out on Saturday? Well, why not?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I choose to workout on Sat bc it fits my schedule and it's a whollllle day that I can use to workout whenever I want to.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to, but I'm not gonna let myself wimp out like a little b*tch!

I was still hurting this morning from my last legs day and I really didn't feel like going to the gym. So I made myself go and work out even harder than normal. I ended up adding 20lbs to my deadlift after plateauing for something like 6 or 7 weeks. This kind of stuff always happens to me — whenever I'm not feeling like going to the gym at all, I end up having these awesome workouts, running faster, longer, lifting heavier, hitting PR's and feeling like the biggest badass in the world by the time I leave.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

I have a better idea - how about you explain to us why someone unfit and overweight *shouldn't* dedicate a non-work day to exercise and maximal calorie burn?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

L2Zqwhj.gif
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Because my husband can stay with the kids for a few hours and it's the only time to get my long workout in for my triathalon training.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Well you ate didn't yout?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES (workout on Saturday)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I would rather do it on a Saturday than a Sunday. That and I don't have to get up at 4:50 a.m.like I do during the week, I can workout in the afternoon.

Sunday is my off day and I can concentrate on other things that I need to get done.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Because the weekend is a great time to work out. I am not near as busy and am not rushed. I can get it in earlier. I also feel great afterwards. So why not. With 4 kids sometimes their weekday stuff added to my job make it hard to get there, I do get there just later than I want to.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    So you can take Sunday off
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Because... why not?

Seriously I have way more time on the weekend than I do during the week.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

L2Zqwhj.gif
    This
  • tshef20
    tshef20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I normally don't have a lot going on Saturday mornings. I don't need to get up early for work so I can sleep in a little and then get a good run in. One of my favorite times of the week to run! Now I just need to get back into running. Fell off a bit since my half marathon in September!
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    It's when all the moms are at the gym because their husbands are finally home to watch the kids
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's when all the moms are at the gym because their husbands are finally home to watch the football games while not cleaning the house and the kids run amuck

Fixed
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

I have a better idea - how about you explain to us why someone unfit and overweight *shouldn't* dedicate a non-work day to exercise and maximal calorie burn?

This. I'm having trouble understanding why exercising on a Saturday is harder than any other day ?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Explain / motivate.

No.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Because ParkRuns are on Saturday mornings.