• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oh, there was a 'correct' answer?

lulz
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No thank you. I hit it hard Mon-Fri and rest Sat. & Sun.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My Saturday morning workout is generally my favorite. It is by far my best lifting session given that I have plenty of time and don't have to rush anything. I lift on Tues and Thurs evenings as well, and I pretty much have to kill it in 45 minutes in order to get my 1 y.o. and 3 y.o. home and fed an din bed at a reasonable hour. Saturdays I have a full 2 hours (2 hour max at the drop in child care at my gym) so I can take a bit of extra time in the weight room and then go for a leisurly swim or something. Plus I really like the fact that hardly anyone is in the gym at 8 AM on a Saturday...
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Oh. I thought "I shouldn't need strangers on the internet to get me to workout" was the correct answer.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you are currently fat...Do it so you can get unfat

If you are currently unfat....Do it so you can avoid getting fat.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Nice.

I did not expect so many of you to be totally humorless and unsupportive in a support forum. Bravo.

I ran 3 miles that night, after starting this thread.
    http://runkeeper.com/user/kingcyrusking/activity/259430077

the correct answer is to my question is "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

No.

The correct answer to your question is that your motivation is not my problem and whether you workout or not means nothing to me. Go or just stay unfit, but it's on you either way.
  • Wicibeth
    Wicibeth Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Because working out is fun!
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Because the calories I shove in my mouth don't own a calendar and don't care that its a weekend.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Saturday is one of the only days of the week where I am under absolutely no time constraints whatsoever and can afford to devote more than 30-45 minutes to any form of exercise. So it opens up the possibility of doing a lot of workout experimentation.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Because it's part of the plan. Duh!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Because at least 2 days a week I'm too tired to workout after work, so I do it on Saturday. And often on Sunday too.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Tues/Thurs workout schedule, so I work out either on Saturday or Sunday, whichever day is less busy.
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you are currently fat...Do it so you can get unfat

If you are currently unfat....Do it so you can avoid getting fat.

Favorite
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to understand this idea that weekends are "off days"... Days where you can eat what you want to lay around the house and magically it will have no affect on your weight or progress. haha
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The gym is empty on weekends. I love training in an empty gym. It makes it easier to superset!
    Bonus is I have more energy since I didn't work during the day before my training. I can go super early (or later if I go to bed a little too late the night before).
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Gawd, weekends are the best! I get to sleep later, so no freezing cold morning workout in the dark. No cars on the street, lots of neighbors out running and walking. Love it!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of hiking/walking with groups on meetup.com and that's when most people are available - that's why!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There are 7 days in a week and Saturday is one of them..........some of my best runs / workouts are on the weekend. Motivation comes from within, I can encourage you but I can't motivate you.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    saturday is my best day! i dont have to work and i can really enjoy my extra calories.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    working out makes you feel good...so why not feel good on the weekend too!