protien shakes with out protien taste

Options
13»

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey protein powder. The chocolate is fantastic, no funky protein taste, not overbearingly thick like some protein shakes can be.

I mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and toss in half a banana.
  • I make several shakes. One of my favorites is a Choc Chip Frappe Protein Drink. It has 223 calories and 26g of protein and only 4g of Fat. Compare this to the McDonalds large Frappe!!!
    Here is the recipe. I actually added it to my recipes on this forum. I use the Magic Bullet to make this...

Recipe name Chocolate Chip Frappe Protein Drink

Number of servings 1

Ingredients Cal Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Chocolate Chips, Nestle - Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet Toll House, 19 chips 50 6 3 0 0 6
    Water - Municipal, 0.5 cup 0 0 0 0 2 0
    Shop N Save Milk - Skim (Fat Free - Skim Milk, 0.5 Cup 45 6 0 5 60 6
    Generic - Ice Cube, 9 cube 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Muscletech - 100% Premium Whey Protein Plus Deluxe Chocolate, 1 scoop (32.7g) 120 9 1 20 50 2
    Foldgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee - Coffee, 1 tablespoon 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Truvia - Packet, 2 packets (3.5g) 0 6 0 0 0 0
    Stop & Shop - Chocolate Flavored Syrup Sugar Free, 1 tbsp 8 2 0 1 25 0

Total: 223 29 4 26 137 14

Add the milk, water, 3 ice cubes, coffee, Truvia and protein powder to the bullet. Pulse it till it chops it up. Then you can run for 10 seconds continuously. Then add 3 more ice cubes. Pulse again till it chops it up. Finally add last 3 ice cubes, sugar free chocolate syrup, the 19 chocolate chips. Pulse till chopped and then run on continuous for 20-30 seconds.

I hope this helps you.... So much better than the McDonald's Choc Chip large Frappe @ 760 calories, 12g of protein, and 31g of fat. Tastes pretty much the same says even my non-dieting friends..
  • kenderh33
    Options
    My favorite is Visalis, Its a sweet cream powder. You mix with all sorts of 'recipes'. Can't taste the protein. My morning shake i usually make, is 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp instant coffe, 2 scoops of visalis mix, 1 pkt sugar free, diet hot chocolate. few ice cubes, blend...yummy!
  • lockdown7269
    lockdown7269 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i like Giant Sports Delicious Protein cookies and cream.
    http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/10724/giant-sports-delicious-protein-cookies-cream-2-lb.htm

or

Cellcor Cor-Performance Whey Protein Powder. i have only tried moulton chocolate and peanut butter marshmellow
    http://www.tigerfitness.com/Cellucor-COR-Performance-Whey-2lb-p/cellucorwhey2.htm
  • daphneC94
    Options
    UMP is amazinggggg. The flavours taste like dessert. Its almost too good.
  • jrfender
    jrfender Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try Allmax Isoflex (http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/isoflex/). It mixes great and has a number of flavors. The best I have found that doesn't have the "protein" taste.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i took Docpremie's advice awhile back and purchased Syntrax Vanilla Bean torte and a mix pack of other flavors. I LOVE the vanilla bean torte and if i have extra cals at the end of the day i put 1/2 cup Blue Bell Homemade van in it. BTW: i have tried several brands too and like several ie Jay Robb, Aria for women ( choc ), but this Syntrax Vanilla Bean torte is awesome - i also like to add 2 T of sugar free pistachio pudding mix. YUM! thanks Doc
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    TRUTEIN. the cinnamon bun and pumpkin pie are both so good i can't even believe that they're protein powders.

Also check out quest bars~
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    C'mere, I got a good one that won't taste like protein... :devil: :bigsmile:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    C'mere, I got a good one that won't taste like protein... :devil: :bigsmile:

Not sure they can fit it all in...

their macros.