Mom of 3- gonna try phentermine pill to help lose the weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    The ILLEGAL drug that the lawsuits come from was PONDOMIN the other half of Phen Phen. I did phen phen in my 20's lost a ridiculous amount of weight of course it all came back.
    I went on Phentermine about 2 yrs ago for a little while but my head wasn't in it yet so I didn't really lose anything because I would forget to eat!! We all know you have to at to lose. I had the exact same argument as you for wanting to go on it again exactly! For me I never experienced any side effects form phen phen in the 90's when it was legal. Although other's were having heart issues! That's where the class action suits came from! Obviously your curiosity about it is going to have you try it, but when you are taking it, you need to be very aware of the side effects yourself, the dr's yeah they take your blood pressure and go through the motions but they are only going to stand to attention if something is really really wrong! So be aware of your body and how it reacts! Yes it is cool to not be hungry but you will also have to force yourself to eat in order to maintian 1200 calories a day.
    I have done this for a much larger anount of weight and as the others have said once you stop taking it you will put weight back on YOU WILL. We all said the things you've said and still gained back the weight. Have you gave it an honest to goodness try yet with only diet and excercise? It is what will ultimately work for you not the pills. Best wishes to you on your journey!!
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    Lots of great advice given to you today :-) I've forgotten if you said anything about you having any health problems. First of all, I'm with the majority when it comes to not taking diet pills. It is SO much healthier for you to lose weight by watching your calorie intake, if you want to count carbs, great-do so. Make sure you eat something every 2-3 hours so you don't mess up your metabolism. And.......get plenty of exercise and drink plenty of water.

I know this sounds so boring, and we all want to reach our desired weight goal quickly, but all you're going to accomplish with diet pills, is quick weight loss, then quick weight gain. And possible health complications. Why not take the time to feel good about yourself by reaching goals and losing weight in a more healthy way?

Oh yea, if you have any type of Cardiac issues like Mitral Valve Prolapse. Please don't take diet pills. I have a subtle MVP, and have tried a few diet pills. It only made me have irregular heartbeats, and chest pain. I know this post is about phentermine, but I tried a generic brand of Meridia for only 4 days, and wish I never took them. My heart slowed down, then rapidly increased. I also had symptoms that I guess you could say could be a panic attack. Never had them before. And at night, I would lay down, my heart would do the irregular heart beat thing, and I would get a wierd head rush. Sad thing was, I knew I shouldn't have taken them, but I got desperate and did. I wanted QUICK results. Never again will I try a diet pill, I will lose weight the 'Old-Fashioned Way".....I will earn it. SO ANYONE WHO HAS MEDICAL ISSUES especially with your HEART...PLEASE DONT TAKE DIET PILLS.
  • mbarbeau
    Options
    Yes, I have tried Phentermine diet pills 37.5 mg Tablet but I cut it in half. I was under a doctors care. I was reluctant because I feel the low cal diet and exercise should be enough, but, I was hungry! In addition, I was not loosing the weight w/my routine of low cal diet & working out 7 days a week. So I tried it. My doctor prescribed me 1 week of pills and recommended that I cut the pill in half. You have to know your body and be honest on how you react to medicines. So I had 2 weeks to work on this method. This pill gives you a lot of energy and suppressed my hunger and I had to remember to eat as scheduled, because you do not feel like eating! I took a 1/2 pill mid Morning with Snack around 10:00AM and that 1/2 pill takes you through the day until dinner and it did not affect my sleep. I had no side affects and took as prescribed. I enjoyed the extra energy it gave me and I put it to good use, cleaning, etc.... I was able to break through my plateau and lost 4 lbs that initial week and 3 more the following week. It did just what I needed. I am never comfortable taking prescribed medicines, I'm always in good health aside from being obese. Never used it for along period, only that 2 weeks. Good luck with your decision. I hope this helps.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well Peter, you don't have to be so darn rude! I will keep what I really would like to say to myself, because I am here for the moral support of others and not to be attacked or attack anyone else. Thanks for your comments and have a blessed day!! :)

First of all you are on a public forum and you are adult enough to take the good and the bad comments. That is why you post a topic...not for people to sugar coat things but to tell you their piece of mind. Now you got defensive because you didn't get the response you wanted. I also do think you are being lazy and going about this the wrong way for 27 lbs. Go walk with your kids 30 minutes a day which is what many do when they start working out, eat within your calories and you will drop in no time. Its so easy to say I will try this and if it doesn't work then I will stop...what if you don't have that option and it affects your body to the point where your are in the hospital holding on a thread of your life? We are here for a lifestyle change and I am pretty sure you won't be taking those pills for the rest of your life.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I will lose weight the 'Old-Fashioned Way".....I will earn it.
    I LOVE the way you put that!!:heart:

So glad you posted as it has give me awhole different way to think of it.:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Well Peter, you don't have to be so darn rude! I will keep what I really would like to say to myself, because I am here for the moral support of others and not to be attacked or attack anyone else. Thanks for your comments and have a blessed day!! :)

First of all you are on a public forum and you are adult enough to take the good and the bad comments. That is why you post a topic...not for people to sugar coat things but to tell you their piece of mind. Now you got defensive because you didn't get the response you wanted. I also do think you are being lazy and going about this the wrong way for 27 lbs. Go walk with your kids 30 minutes a day which is what many do when they start working out, eat within your calories and you will drop in no time. Its so easy to say I will try this and if it doesn't work then I will stop...what if you don't have that option and it affects your body to the point where your are in the hospital holding on a thread of your life? We are here for a lifestyle change and I am pretty sure you won't be taking those pills for the rest of your life.
    Totally agree, if someone posts on a public forum they put themselves out there for both sides. OP ask for comments and we all commented. I didn't see Peters post as rude I saw it as a caring/concerned one, if none of cared then this thread would only contain the OP in it and none other.

Alot of times when we post a topic we forget that we might not always agree with what others have to share with us, that's the risk we take joining in on public forums.

One thing I wonder about is that if some of these comments are hitting a raw nerve perhaps a tiny part of you is doubting the pill idea itself. Just a theory I have, not meant in an uncaring way, just made me wonder by your reaction and others that are on the defense.

:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I just wanted to post myself as an example of what can be done WITHOUT pills. :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly_beach
    dragonfly_beach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried phentermine and had good success with it. My doctor also gave me Wellbutrin (antidepressant) with it instead of the usual Prozac. I was able to lose weight with relative ease but once I stopped the Phentermine I gained the weight back. Honestly, I wasn't very motivated to maintain a healthy lifestyle...I love food too much.

It did work for me. I didn't feel like I was on speed. I didn't have trouble sleeping at night. I probably had a little more energy than without it but that could also be my choice of foods. The crappier the foods I eat the crappier I feel.

Hopefully your doctor that does prescribe it monitors you very closely...as do you.

Good luck.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Brittany - We're not judging - we're concerned! There is a difference!
  • reCu
    reCu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Brittney! A friend of mine started phentermine in January of 2010 and she has lost over 75 pounds, She looks incredible! She started a routine right away! Exercising for an hour early in the morning, drinking a ton of water and eating a ton of protein. That's the key for this. She did so well and did not report any problems or side effects. I was so intriged by her success, that I started it too. I am doing fine with it. I've lost half of my goal weight. Initially I had difficulty sleeping and had cotton mouth. That subsided after about a week. However, if I have caffeine during the later part of the day, I do have trouble sleeping again that night.

I was always very small, athletic, just petite growing up. I was always active with sports, working and school, etc. After school was over and I began a full time sedentary job was when I started to gain the weight. After two kids and even with nursing, it didn't seem to go away. I was just exhausted all the way around.

When I started this pill, I realized that I was snacking all day at work and not even realizing it. I wasn't eating because I needed to and was hungry. I was eating because it became a habit, just like snacking in front of the tv. Because I was so fit and had that awesome metabolism back in the day, I never had to worry about what I ate or when I ate. But once your body slows down, it hits you hard and you don't even realize it. I've been paying attention now to what I eat and stick to a schedule the best that I can.

This pill has definitely motivated me to keep going. I am using it as a starting off point and have been strict with my routines of what I am eating, when i am eating, drinking lots and lots of water and exercising.

My body has definitely remembered its strengths and is coming back little by little. I am not obsessive about the scale and take every day one at a time.

And remember you can always stop if you feel uncomfortable.

I give the best credit to the ones that do it naturally. I think that is awesome. Some of us just need that extra umphh to get moving.

Good luck to all of you!!! ;o)
  • artimease
    artimease Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it works, but after I stop taking it I blew up again. I would stick with the natural methods.