Hunger question

Options
2»

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Well of course you were hungry! Most of what you ate was unfilling junky and carbs (bread, chips, breadsticks, McCrap). Very little protein or healthy fats! How do you expect to fill full and happy if you fill your body with junk and nonsense?

I would suggest ditching those carbs and filler foods and switching to a whole foods diet full of veggies and lean meats. And certainly stay away from McCrap; just because it's a salad doesn't make it good for you!
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ok, if I figured this out right...my BMR is 1880 and my TDEE is 2205-20%=1764.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Well of course you were hungry! Most of what you ate was unfilling junky and carbs (bread, chips, breadsticks, McCrap). Very little protein or healthy fats! How do you expect to fill full and happy if you fill your body with junk and nonsense?

I would suggest ditching those carbs and filler foods and switching to a whole foods diet full of veggies and lean meats. And certainly stay away from McCrap; just because it's a salad doesn't make it good for you!
    but i like crap
  • Daiako
    Options

but i like crap

Well I'm sorry for you. Why would you want to put 'crap' into your body? Wouldn't you prefer healthy, fresh, local things?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

but i like crap

Well I'm sorry for you. Why would you want to put 'crap' into your body? Wouldn't you prefer healthy, fresh, local things?

Because it is tasty :) some days, a girl's just gotta have a cheeseburger.
  • nena49659
    Options
    If you'll see above, you will notice that I admitted I had thought that not enough protein was the culprit. And, it's probably why I felt better after eating the chili.

This is not what I normally eat. I was very busy today cleaning and reorganizing my kitchen in order to be able to better plan my meals. (Had very little space and everything was crammed in so that I couldn't see what I had.)

Normally, I have a very nice lunch at my place of employment where they provide us with some pretty healthy choices from our resort restaurant. Then, I try to overrule my husband on dinner. (He usually wants processed foods and ready made dinners. lol)

As for the rest, an old boss of mine used to be severely obese. She yo-yoed for many, many years trying to cut this out and cut that out. After I worked for her awhile, she decided that she wasn't going to cut anything out. She did just what most on MFP tell us to do. "Everything in moderation." She lost the weight and has kept it off for about 16 years now. She's in her late 70's or early 80's and healthy as can be.
  • nena49659
    Options

but i like crap

LOL yup. And, at least, I'm not eating the double quarter pounder with cheese anymore! Now, I'll eat a daily double. I think I've averaged about one every 3 months in the last year or so.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

but i like crap

I like your pants. They would look better bunched up on my bedroom floor.
  • Daiako
    Options

but i like crap

You could certainly do that with fresh local ingredients, that's what I do. Cuts out all those mystery chemicals, additives, and preservatives that poison the body.
  • Daiako
    Options

but i like crap

Inappropriate.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

but i like crap

You could certainly do that with fresh local ingredients, that's what I do. Cuts out all those mystery chemicals, additives, and preservatives that poison the body.

Just doesn't taste the same.

95% of what I eat is unprocessed, cooked from scratch and largely organic. But you will tear my McDonald's cheeseburgers from my cold dead hands.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IDK how far ur church is but I noticed you walked back and possibly to there?

that half sandwich would hardly be enough for breakfast even if you hadn't walked. So pretty much you were probably behind in your cals as compared to your activity level all day long because I noticed you tried to limit what you ate until Chili time. Glad you finally ate well but hopefully in the future you will eat a little more on active days because you may need it. I sometimes need it right on the day and sometimes the next day is a super hunger day. when i look at my diary the day prior and realize i may have come in too far under cals i realize why.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

but i like crap

Inappropriate.

IN! Appropriate.

This concludes today's lesson of "punctuation, a very useful tool."
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Ok, if I figured this out right...my BMR is 1880 and my TDEE is 2205-20%=1764.

This makes a lot more sense than 1300ish! Keep in mind, if you use the TDEE method, you do not eat back exercise calories.
    So, now, you can eat more, and, if you work in eating more satisfying foods (more proteins, healthy fats, and fiber, and fewer "empty calories") you don't ever have to feel hungry all day.

p.s. lol don't look at my diary for the past week if you're looking for a good example. I've been traveling and have had limited access to fresh whole foods, so I'm just working on staying within my calories and not worrying toooo much about "nutrition" right now.