• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    ^ that's not crust that's a cauliflower and cheese omelette. *shudder*

Well, it looks like this:
    cauliflower+pizza3.jpg

crust only:
    cauliflower-pizza-crust-6.jpg

and in my opinion tastes wayyy better than store-bought crusts or pita bread (which was my staple homemade low-cal pizza crust for ages). Also much lighter in calories than either, so I love it.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Beans, egg yolks if you can do them. Some nuts. The problem with nuts is that they don't digest all the well and the fat adds up quick. If you're not vegetarian for moral reasons there's absolutely no reason to not eat meat or cut bak on it. Unless it's an issue of the quality of meat/chemicals/etc that you're concerned about.

just wanted to point out that there are people that can't eat meat for medical reasons
  • peachcats
    Options
    greek yogurt
    I eat it daily

whey aka protein powder. It's food, not a supplement.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and aim for 90-100g of protein per day. The bulk of my protein comes from cottage cheese and tofu/soy products. Today, though, I got a big hit from pizza I make using a cauliflower crust. Look up any recipe online, but the one I use is essentially:

1 head of cauliflower riced
    2 eggs
    2 cups mozzarella cheese (light)

Cook the riced cauliflower (I microwave mine on high for 10 minutes), then mix in eggs & cheese. Form 2 large pizza bases out of the cauliflower mix and bake for 10-15min on about 375 or until it goes golden. Remove from oven, add pizza sauce & toppings. Given the amount of cheese in this dish, I get a good 38g of protein out of half of the pizza and for 345 calories (with the toppings I use), this is a filling and amazing dish.
    sounds amazing!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas.... not vegetarian but need more protein... and can only eat so much meat :|
This discussion has been closed.