Eating Foods You Love Still Losing Weight!Anyone!

Options
2»

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    yes, it is great! I can even control the portions of trigger food that I once overate--the biggest temptation--ice cream! so excited to get that monkey off my back!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I have to pick and choose them more often that I like, but it's not that hard. They actually taste better if I don't have them as often. I'm not the sort of girl who eats 2 tiny slivers of cheese. Huh-uh. Or exchanging brie for cottage cheese? Just no. So I space out some things, and that's fine.

Some things are really easy to exchange, though, if I look at the calories. I had no idea some desserts were way better in calories than others at the same size and stuff.

Or when you used to eat a ginormous muffin because that's what they had, and now you cut it in half? Yeah :) I do think expanding portion sizes offered caught me off guard to a great extent. I even choose 'muffies' now. I was put off by the stupid name; I'll admit it!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    My diary is a novel of all things bad for you and sort destroying. Nothing clean, very very dirty diary. I have logged six beers, burgers, and a full helping of chinese food and chocolate in one sitting.

I have lost from 165lbsthe to 135lbs. I have better abs than my SO, my arms and legs are very defined and I spent this month eating subway (whilst having my MFP friends curse out bread) and managed to go from 140 to 135 in 3 weeks. Will likely be 133lbs at the end. All with evil bread,beer and quarter pounders
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    My diary is a novel of all things bad for you and sort destroying. Nothing clean, very very dirty diary. I have logged six beers, burgers, and a full helping of chinese food and chocolate in one sitting.

I have lost from 165lbsthe to 135lbs. I have better abs than my SO, my arms and legs are very defined and I spent this month eating subway (whilst having my MFP friends curse out bread) and managed to go from 140 to 135 in 3 weeks. Will likely be 133lbs at the end. All with evil bread,beer and quarter pounders
    You are awesome! We all are. :drinker:
    tumblr_mtsxy6YGTp1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    funny thing is that i've been eating "healthy" for many years now, probably my whole life. THAT was never the issue. my problem has been portion sizes and ... let's say 'number of meals per day'... see, if i have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack snack snack snack, well the weight is going to be piling on. and even if the snacks are whole grain crackers with cheese, by the tenth cracker i'm way over my limits. same with fruit - there's a difference between one cup of grapes and three. or one portion of chicken and rice and two. and so on.

so ---- yes, i continue to eat the foods i love (which are basically healthy foods; what can i say - i love this style of eating/cooking!) but i make sure to follow portion control, log everything, and don't stress out about the occasional (note i said "occasional") overindulging.

the good news is that I am starting to like this. I notice that when i occasionally get chinese take out or falafel or something - i don't always feel great afterwards (headaches, very thirsty, stomach aches etc).
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

congrats to u! thats good news. losing 5 pounds within 3 weeks time? goodjob
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    funny thing is that i've been eating "healthy" for many years now, probably my whole life. THAT was never the issue. my problem has been portion sizes and ... let's say 'number of meals per day'... see, if i have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack snack snack snack, well the weight is going to be piling on. and even if the snacks are whole grain crackers with cheese, by the tenth cracker i'm way over my limits. same with fruit - there's a difference between one cup of grapes and three. or one portion of chicken and rice and two. and so on.

so ---- yes, i continue to eat the foods i love (which are basically healthy foods; what can i say - i love this style of eating/cooking!) but i make sure to follow portion control, log everything, and don't stress out about the occasional (note i said "occasional") overindulging.

the good news is that I am starting to like this. I notice that when i occasionally get chinese take out or falafel or something - i don't always feel great afterwards (headaches, very thirsty, stomach aches etc).

I feel the same way too. MFP's such a great help to us here.We all learn how to control our portion sizes. Eh?
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I feel the same way too. MFP's such a great help to us here.We all learn how to control our portion sizes. Eh?

Haha, that was my problem too for the most part. Healthy home cooked meals but big portions plus snacking! I also tended to skip breakfast and sometimes lunch due to being too busy at work, and thought that justified pigging out in the evening :embarassed: so my day often went more like latte for breakfast, nothing for lunch, snack snack snack dinner snack snack snack!

I now cook the same stuff that I like but keep portion under control and actually have breakfast and a quick bite to eat for lunch. Like on Monday I had beef wine stew with buttery mashed potatoes for dinner and yesterday was chicken with couscous, but it all fits my calories and other macros :smile:

MFP has been amazing at helping me get my head round a balanced diet. Hopefully I now have it sorted for life!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've found I'm eating more of the foods I love. Goodbye crappy croissant for breakfast, hellooooo bacon and eggs.

I was brought up on the 'fat is evil' mentality. I'm finally learning that it's a bad thing to cut it out entirely.

(Note the crappy croissant comment is a statement of its quality.... not a value judgement on croissants or other bready produce!)