Before or After?

13»

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I usually pre-plan my food the day before & then make changes if I want to eat something different the next day.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    I usually log as I go, though I enter my dinner plans in sometime earlier in the day because I either usually have to be a bit careful like today (we had breaded, lightly fried cordon bleu for dinner), or make up some extra calories. I'm still learning so it's a bit of a challenge. I'm getting better at managing to make my calories add up at the end of the day instead of winding up with a big deficit or having over-eaten.
  • I log in my food intake early in the day before work and just take my food with me to eat.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    I usually plan my meals in advance, but log as I go. If I log before hand things are subject to change, but that's easy enough to do. If I log afterwards, I may forget something or lose track mentally of where I am for the day. This leads to me going too far over my budget for the day, maybe even for the week. I use the android app for quick logging at break times.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Mostly pre-plan. I have much more success sticking to the calorie goal that way. I always block off some calories for "later" or those unexpected things that happen (I put like 200 under Quick Add Calories, at the end of the day). Then if I do have something not on the schedule, I know I have room for it. If nothing comes up, then I have 200 calories to snack on or hold over to another day (keeping track by weekly.)
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    I usually log up to two days in advance during the work week. I tend to leave myself about 100 calories to play around with, so when unexpected treats or cravings come up I can have a little something more. I cook on Sundays (hard boiled eggs, chicken salad, stuff I don't mind eating leftover, cut up fruit, etc) and plan my lunches and breakfasts for the week. The weekends are a little different, but I still try to plan at least 2 meals per day.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    I actually do it for the week after I get back from the grocery store. I meal plan every week so I know what days we are having what. It makes it much easier to just scan everything into my recipes at once. I usually have my exercise calories that I add daily depending on what I want to eat. I only log exercise after I have completed it and usually right afterward.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I log immediately after I eat anything or exercise whenever possible. It keeps me up to date so I know where I am.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    I "pre-logged" for a short period of time. I got pissed off if anything changed. Since I had to go back in there to correct it anyway I just said eff it and now log as I go.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    I log breakfast and lunch as I go but plan dinner in advance since I know what I'm cooking and how much I plan to eat by then. Plus dinner/evenings is a hard one for me, so pre-planning it helps me to stick with it.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    I do it immediately afterwards. I can see the benefit in pre-planning, but I guess I'm just not that organised.

It still works OK for me.

Me too:flowerforyou:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    I generally pre log .. like at around midnight and use that for the next day. I however at times .. add things (like if I need to eat back some exercise calories). But generally .. what I log for the day is what I go with.
  • BethAnnC448
    BethAnnC448 Posts: 45 Member
    I log right after I eat...it works for me.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    I log everything as I eat it. I usually don't know what I wanna eat before I actually go in front of the fridge..

What she said (typed?) lol
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Real-time. Unexpected daily interruptions can mean a change to all meals.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Mostly real time and a little after. I usually have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to eat for dinner and adjust my other meals/snacks accordingly. But I don't prelog.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    I usually log as I make my food or as I eat it! If I'm somewhere and I know what I'm going to eat, then I'll log before. I know I'll forget if I choose to log it way after I actually eat.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    I log as I go.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Before :) then I can play with foods and add and delete after I decide what's worth my calories!