women 5'5 goal weight?

Options
Hi! Just wondering what your goal weight is? Right now I'm aiming for 125-130 but might go lower once I get there.

Replies

• ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I've always been very overweight (don't make me say obese!), so my goal is a healthy BMI of 145 lbs. I'll fine tune when I get closer.
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im 175 now and my goal right now is to make it to 150. When I get there ill adjust.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I set it for 125, but I really am focused on body fat rather than weight. I figure when I get under 130, I'll see where I am and decide whether I need to eat more for a while and focus on building muscel or whether I think it would be better to keep going down to around 125.
  • i am currently 167..my goal is 130 (or less!)
  • dalgraham
    Options
    Thank you for your responses! I like to know that people have similar goals to mine. It seems impossible sometimes. Anyways I wish you all the best of luck on your journey :smile:
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started at 181 lbs with my original goal being 160 lbs. I keep pushing down my goal and am 143lbs currently. I am contemplating 130 lbs right now as it is in the middle range of a healthy BMI. With my build, I am not sure I will go much below that but whenever I get to where I feel this is "it", I will stop, whether that is before 130 lbs or below 130 lbs. Just taking it as it comes in this new adventure. :-)
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    im a bit over 5'5 and 137 now...I would like to lose 5 pounds of fat and tone up some more....so 133 or so would be great! I really should be less as im small boned, but not sure I could maintain less then that....im basically maintaining now
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'5" and I'm at 135 right now. My goal weight was 120 but that changed after I started lifting weights. Now I don't really pay attention to the number.
  • An8888
    An8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 138, and I was 152.2 when I started. My goal is 115, but I might stop at 120 if I like what I see. Haven't been 120 for years. It would be great to get back to that.
  • dalgraham
    Options
    I am currently 140, and I've been 115 before. It was very hard to maintain so I feel like 125 would be a good spot for me. However, I've never had to lose 15 pounds and it just seems impossible. My motivation in lacking.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I started at 212 about 10 years ago. I lost 50 to get to 162, and I was perfectly happy with that to be honest for many years. After regaining about 5, I decided to go for another loss. I set my goal weight to 148 (with the plan to never go over 150 again). Then I hit that, and reset to 137. Now I'm at 143.5 and plan to go to at least 133. I used to think it would be absolutely crazy/impossible for me to get into the 120s. But I've seen so many people here on MFP do it that now I am actually thinking I might shoot for the 120s with the life goal of never going over 130 -- this was really unimaginable just four months ago, but now it's "only" 15 pounds away!
  • dalgraham
    Options
    wow! I can't believe you've lost that much weight! How do you stay motivated? (and congratulations! What a huge accomplishment!)
  • SierraUnsweet
    Options
  • 2910s
    2910s Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if I was anywhere in between 120-125.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm currently set for 140, knowing that as I go into maintenance I'll probably put back on 5 or so (glycogen/water and such) - I'd be perfectly happy at 145-150. I know that's a little high for some people, but I like how I look at that weight (heck, I liked how I looked at 160 before I had kids), so as long as I'm healthy (which I should be) then that's good enough for me. However, if I get there and decide I want to go for a little more...no biggie, I just keep going. I figure as I get down towards 150 or so I'll see how I look/feel and go from there.

The nice thing about weight loss is that you don't need to decide on a goal weight and stick to it. Go by the mirror and how your clothes fit and your fitness level - the scale is just one tool to measure progress and shouldn't be the sole basis for your ultimate goal.
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and used to be 110 pounds......looking back that was too small. Now, I'm 165, which is too big. 145 sounds ideal, but I might be happy with 150 if my belly shrinks enough.....I'm at the age where it's OK to keep a little pudge.....
  • Aelyssa1989
    Aelyssa1989 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-5 150lb, and my goal is 125. I've always been 130+, so it's going to be exciting seeing if I can reach and maintain 125. Not overly concerned about what the scale says, but more how my clothes fit. Would like to reach a 24-26" jean size.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'5" and I'm at 135 right now. My goal weight was 120 but that changed after I started lifting weights. Now I don't really pay attention to the number.

whow...this just goes to show the scale mean nothing!! You look amazing and VERY tone and we are about the same height/weight and I look NOTHING like you!! OK..i need to get this bowl full of jelly back to my crossfit and add some heavy weights into this process....Thanks for sharing!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. My goal is about 140. 10 more to go!
  • LGS1974
    Options
    I'm 5' 5 1/4" and my goal is 150lbs.