women 5'5 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    between 178-153. i have no idea just yet because ive never even been close to that weight. i have no idea what will be best for my body. but i will find out.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and my goal weight is 125 lbs. I'm 10 away. It was the weight I was in high school and where I was most comfortable.
  • HKHAN1982
    HKHAN1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and finally made it out of the 160's after almost 6 months of fluctuating 2-4 lbs. I'm 159 and my goal weight is 145 (last time I was 145 was in 2008 before I got pregnant with my 2nd son). I used to be in the 120's before I had kids but I wasn't eating right or excercising right so I know that was too low for me to maintain (haven't been that weight in almost 10 yrs!). I have a goal of losing weight by New Year's..have lost almost 4 lbs in 5 weeks so I'm losing about 1 lb a week. Just need to continue and I can be at prob 150 by New Year's and then I'll just have 5 left to hit my goal weight :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My total goal is 156. I'm at 173 right now down from 191. I've hung out at 174 -175 for a couple months because I feel better. Clothes are fitting better and some are even too big. But when I see myself in pictures, I'm still too big so my mini goal is 164. Then I'll see how it goes. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Terran1976
    Options
    I started a year ago at 235 (my heaviest ever). Joined MFP at 212 pounds about two months ago and now I'm at 190. I haven't been 140 since middle school so I figured I'd shoot for that. I have mini goals for myself and I'll reevaluate how I look/feel at each one.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5" my first goal is 150..and then i will see how i feel. my lowest weight before kids was 158, and i could fit a 6/8 and was pretty happy with my body. however if this comes off easy enough i might set different goals with 135 probably being the lowest . I will be more concerned with look than actual weight at that point.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I set it for 125, but I really am focused on body fat rather than weight. I figure when I get under 130, I'll see where I am and decide whether I need to eat more for a while and focus on building muscel or whether I think it would be better to keep going down to around 125.

^ this, same for me
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well Im 5""5 and was hoping to get to 120lbs as my lowest weight as an adult was 137lbs and I was happy then, Im 139lbs now and want to get nearer to the lower end of a healthy bmi then nearer to the high end if you see what I mean. Il see how I feel at 130lbs though as Im pretty happy with myself now and just want to lose a dress size (go from a uk 10 to a uk 8 hopefully) cardio and kettlebell workouts are helping with that goal!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm 162 now. (from 200+) Setting my goal at 150.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am part of the 5'5" club too. I started at 190 and my first goal was 144. I then dropped it to 135 and now 130. I will see once I get to 130 if I want to go lower or not. I might since I am at 133.8 now and still have a fair bit of fat on my abs. We will see.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, but my goal is 150.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Large frame here, 130 lbs probably. I think my bf is fairly high unfortunately (26% maybe now?), even though I've been doing weights pretty much the whole time, so I'm going lower than my first goal of 140... then we'll see. The idea of recomp to lose body fat kinda scares me too. I'm 146 lbs with still quite a bit of fat in my midsection.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'6" and 5'5", my goal weight at 125.

That being said, I recently lowered it to 125 to compensate for weight fluctuations once I maintain - I'm happy being at 130 or under, but definetly over 120.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    5'5" with a goal of 165. This was the weight I was in high school and I was very comfortable with...but I was also very active and lifting all the time so when I do get there I might look at it different. Until then thats what I'm aiming for :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I would really like to get to 135/140, but I would rather focus on BF% than the scale! At my lowest earlier this year, I weighed 163 and couldn't believe how "skinny fat" I still was (after weighing 383lbs at one time, I thought I'd be skin & bones at 163!). Have since started lifting heavy, and hoping that helps!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    i don't have a goal weight, I have goal inches :) I want to go from my now 28" to 25" or 24"
  • HKHAN1982
    HKHAN1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would really like to get to 135/140, but I would rather focus on BF% than the scale! At my lowest earlier this year, I weighed 163 and couldn't believe how "skinny fat" I still was (after weighing 383lbs at one time, I thought I'd be skin & bones at 163!). Have since started lifting heavy, and hoping that helps!

WOW, amazing weight loss..you should be sooo proud! It motivates me when I see ppl on MFP lose 50+ lbs and u lost over 200 lbs?! I am just struggling to lose 15 lbs. I guess when you put your mind to it and work hard, anything is possible :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of aiming for 55kg, because that's around 20% body fat by my estimations. I may have to cut off losing before I get there this year, though, as I have my first powerlifting meet in January and need to be at my very strongest (rather than skinniest) for that.

I'm currently 61kg and 166cm (5'5.5")
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Working on reach 140s. My ultimate goal is to be around 135 what it states on my driving license for past several years. I'd like to see that on the scale by summer.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    Mine is 135. I am currently 167 (started at 182!) so I have a long way to go. But I have never been below 140 so fingers crossed! I figured 135 is a good goal, once I get there I will see where I need to go, re-evaluate my body shape etc. (because really I do not know what I will look like at that point, but I am certainly excited to find out!)