The "Hot Mom" responds to the "Attention"

2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    That said, those that pointed out this is not the first message of its kind are also correct. And there are now also a ton of articles out there about why this kind of "fitspiration" is basically...d*ckish.

http://reembody.me/2013/09/10/the-6-most-shockingly-irresponsible-fitspiration-photos/

And that is why the MFP fitspiration thread was created:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

I'd rather spend my time looking through that than focusing any more attention on this one lady, that it appears actually may have started this controversy on her own, and now she is famous for being a "Hot Mom" (boo hoo). It's just silliness.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    What about the "smug and annoying" issue? That was my problem with it.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    people like to complain over the stupidest things these days.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I live under a rock.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I don't know her, and cannot be bothered to even consider forming an opinion about her.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    NEP3CV4.jpg

She is gorgeous. Her picture and the message doesn't affect me one way or another. I honestly am not motivated by this kind of thing. I have too much attitude...way too much.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    didn't we already debate this?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    didn't we already debate this?

About 17 times.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    wow this again I honestly cant believe all the crap that was generated over such a stupid pic. Who honestly cares about some unknown former beauty queen/Mom/business owner whatever the h_ll she is?

Live and let live too many soccer Mom's bored out of their mind surfing the internet and forwarding FB posts all day.

HEY!!! I resemble that soccer mom comment!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    That said, those that pointed out this is not the first message of its kind are also correct. And there are now also a ton of articles out there about why this kind of "fitspiration" is basically...d*ckish.

http://reembody.me/2013/09/10/the-6-most-shockingly-irresponsible-fitspiration-photos/

And that is why the MFP fitspiration thread was created:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

I'd rather spend my time looking through that than focusing any more attention on this one lady, that it appears actually may have started this controversy on her own, and now she is famous for being a "Hot Mom" (boo hoo). It's just silliness.

i'm super stoked that my idea for MFP fitspiration took off and folks are on it! MireyGal def took the reins and made that go stellar mode fast!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...had she not put "whats your excuse" and instead used something actually motivational (instead of condescending and potentially a put down), she wouldn't have received the response she did. While I don't think she owes a single person an apology, she certainly shouldn't be surprised at the response she did get.
    Her picture may come off as motivational for some and that's great. But for others, it's read and taken a different way. Either way, if you are going to put something like that out there, you HAVE to know that you are going to get thrown to the dogs.
    Regardless of how busy of a mom she is, or her good genetics, or the fact she was/is a fitness model, and the slew of other things about her -- to say "whats your excuse" is a bit much. You were/are a fitness model, that's a big difference from the average mom in general.
    The fact is, she could have picked many phrases to put at the top of her picture, and she picked the one that can be taken as passive aggressive, among other things.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Also, for the record, I LOVE HOT MOMS.

all of them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Thing is that the pic was taken from her FB fitness page.......................where they discuss fitness. She didn't put it out there for the world to see, but for the people that are in that group. Someone reposted it on their own page and their friends went ballistic over it.
    But being in this industry for 30 years now, believe that there are many out there who "desire" but don't have the commitment to reach their desires. They come up with multiple reasons not to do them. Some are truly legit, but the majority of them are reasons that can be overcome with proper planning and commitment.
    I applaud her.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • I feel bad that she feels she owes anyone an apology. She did that in way to try to help encourage and inspire people on her fitness page. Regardless of how people took that, her fan base has certainly sky rocketed. Even her "haters" are helping promote her fitness page, so they helped her reach out to even more people. I know one day I looked at her page and she had 85,000 fans and a day later, over 100,000 fans. Good on her.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Also, for the record, I LOVE HOT MOMS.

all of them.

me too ...

in...for the milfs...!