Breakfast is getting boring

Options
13»

Replies

• Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/breakfast/other-breakfast/slow-cooker-apple-cinnamon-oatmeal.html?utm_source=pinterest

Try this! I loved eating it during the cold months and it was so easy to do. You have 4 servings of breakfast ready afterwards.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Spam spam spam spam... Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

And now I am earwormed for the entire day!!!

I like my bacon and eggs. Or bacon and beans. Or egg and beans. Or sausage and egg. No spam so far - the canteen at work doesn't serve it. I may need to have words.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I made these (not my photo, don't know how to resize), about 100 calories each, I have no words to adequately describe them.

IMG_0291-2.jpg
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    These are my 2 all-time favorite protein pancake recipes! I'll make a big batch one weekend morning and eat the leftovers during the week. I've heard they freeze well too, but mine always get eaten quickly!

These are literally just a Greek yogurt cup with an egg stirred in, and then flour & baking soda! Easiest pancakes ever and they're SO moist and fluffy! http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/

And this next awesome recipe uses protein powder: http://fitnessista.com/2010/05/the-perfect-protein-pancake/

For both of these, I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. Pastry flour has pretty much the same stats as regular whole wheat flour, but the texture is way better. Got mine on Amazon.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I make various types of omelettes. I may add a slice of toast, but usually not. Some of my favorites are:

bean sprouts, lettuce or cabbage (yeah sounds weird but so good), and 1 egg and top with Sriracha

spinach sauteed beforehand in onion & garlic and 1 egg

bell pepper, onion & 1 egg and top with southwest chipotle salad dressing (just a tiny bit)

Also love plain unsweetened nonfat (Fage) Greek yogurt with various mix-ins, like the ideas here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/healthy-yogurt-toppings

(my favorite is the strawberry, brown sugar & pecan)

Most mornings though, I cook an egg and toast a small flour tortilla in the same pan to create a breakfast taco. Add a tiny splash of southwest chipotle and enjoy it with a cup of flavored coffee. Good breakfast that satisfies me and under 200 cal.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had 2 weetabix with frozen raspberries and semi-skim milk today. I like it.
  • rachjenn
    Options
    How do you eat your eggs? There's a few ways of eating them. I go through phases of having them scrambled/ poached etc. I like scrambled eggs with a blob of passata on (tomato juice) or 2 fried eggs on a piece of brown bread.

Porridge is something I also love, with a banana - healthy but not ideal to loose weight.
  • BIH92
    BIH92 Posts: 14
    Options
    I smoke meat during fall and winter and I have a lot of smoke meats. Mostly beef and I cut them into small cubes and fry them on the pan for the aroma and then add on top of that scrambled eggs. Yummy.

You know whats the nasty pork bacon has the smell? well the beef is better and strong aroma. :)

I make pancake out of protein powder with mixed fruits such as blueberries, strawberries.

Lastly, you will say yuck...but I like boiled eggs and add tuna with ground pepper.

Omelet with spinach and mushrooms on top of that add no salt seasonings

Oatmeal with American cheese mixed hot in a bowl and it tastes so good.