I think it's finally time to quit

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
I have a lot of friends on my FL L-- they live near and far and it's a great way to keep up with everyone. I've enjoyed to social aspects and I keep the drama as much to a minimum as I can.

I know others don't like it, but I always have.

But today ... today!

I "liked" a post from the Red Sox Facebook page and Facebook -- oh why? WHY? -- suggested I might "like" the Yankess Facebook page.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends on my FL L-- they live near and far and it's a great way to keep up with everyone. I've enjoyed to social aspects and I keep the drama as much to a minimum as I can.

But today ... today!

I "liked" a post from the Red Sox Facebook page and Facebook -- oh why? WHY? -- suggested I might "like" the Yankess Facebook page.

tina-fey-alec-baldwin-there-there.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm at a loss here. Help me out. What are quitting exactly? :huh:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm at a loss here. Help me out. What are quitting exactly? :huh:
    Facebook, of course. I cannot support the site anymore!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

But today ... today!

This is the most ef'd up suggestion I've ever read, and I've been on MFP for three years...
  • rml_16
    Options

But today ... today!

This is the most ef'd up suggestion I've ever read, and I've been on MFP for three years...
    Inorite?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    terrible no mention of the Dodgers
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    is this Red Sox a knee high fan page of sorts?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Perhaps, have you considered, that baseball might technically be the root of all that is evil since it is causing you to consider deactivating your FB accounts, and thus, possibly destroying your friendships and alienating you from the rest of the world?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Perhaps, have you considered, that baseball might technically be the root of all that is evil since it is causing you to consider deactivating your FB accounts, and thus, possibly destroying your friendships and alienating you from the rest of the world?
    You take that back! Baseball is the most beautiful thing on earth!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Don't scare me like that, shame on you!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just proves what a hangup Red Sox fans have about the Yankees.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Because the Yankees are the devil!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Noooooooo! Only a few of them.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... Facebook's algorthyms for suggesting pages works about as well as Targets "targetting" (no pun intended) ads based on what you buy... seriously Target, I'm buying pull-ups and big kid clothes now for my daughter... why would I need baby food and formula coupons?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I concur... that's not even to mention what I think about Derek Jeter and his "looks".
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Red Sox and Yankees are equally stupid in my opinion...

Both teams buy talent and their fanbase is mostly bandwagon fans.
  • rml_16
    Options

Uuuummmmm .... Don't all professional teams buy talent?

And I became a Red Sox fan when I was 13 and visited Boston for the first time and fell in love with the city. Not to mention my home town's minor league team was a Red Sox farm team for many, many, many years and several of the big-name Red Sox started there.

I've loved them through bad times and good. You realize they didn't win a World Series for nearly 100 years, right? Tough to be a
    "bandwagon fan" of a team that took so long to bring home a championship ....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And I became a Red Sox fan when I was 13 and visited Boston for the first time and fell in love with the city. Not to mention my home town's minor league team was a Red Sox farm team for many, many, many years and several of the big-name Red Sox started there.

I've loved them through bad times and good. You realize they didn't win a World Series for nearly 100 years, right? Tough to be a

You know, I'm always amused when a Red Sox fan brings up the "100 years since a championship win" thing. There are lots of teams that have never won a championship.

Not that that is relevant, but I just needed to point it out. :tongue:
  • rml_16
    Options

You know, I'm always amused when a Red Sox fan brings up the "100 years since a championship win" thing. There are lots of teams that have never won a championship.

Oh, I get that. I'm just pointing out that it's pretty funny to say someone is a bandwagon fan of a team that didn't win a championship for the first 27 years of my life and hadn't won one for almost 70 years before I was even born.

I'd have to research, but the teams that have never won -- how long have they been around? Are they mostly newer frnachises?

And, well, this was about baseball, but I'm also a Buffalo Bills fan. so I do know about never winning a championship! lol
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Oh, I get that. I'm just pointing out that it's pretty funny to say someone is a bandwagon fan of a team that didn't win a championship for the first 27 years of my life and hadn't won one for almost 70 years before I was even born.

I'd have to research, but the teams that have never won -- how long have they been around? Are they mostly newer frnachises?

And, well, this was about baseball, but I'm also a Buffalo Bills fan. so I do know about never winning a championship! lol

Bandwagon fans are people that only become fans when a team is successful or popular. The Red Sox have been much more successful and popular since the 2004 season and have picked up a lot of bandwagon fans as a result.