What do you do with excess calories at the end of the day?

Options
Mr_Knight
Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
So I met all my macro and micro nutrients and still had about 700 calories left over. Ok, cookie time! Had a couple of those (I'm not a sweet tooth, that was all I wanted), and still have a couple of hundred calories left. Will probably spend them on a bit of prosciutto and Boursin, but it did get me wondering...

For those of you with non-ratio macro goals (ie, 1g protein per LBM or whatever), how do you fill your calorie requirements on days when the Macro Gods have you hitting your targets by lunchtime?

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Smash a Heath bar while it's still in the package. Then dump the bits on birthday cake ice cream.

Or beer with the words "chocolate" and "oatmeal" on the label.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    beer or save it for beer tomorow.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Smash a Heath bar while it's still in the package. Then dump the bits on birthday cake ice cream.

you had me at heath bar & birthday cake ice cream.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

This is what mine should be.

Although it's close.

Wine.

Chocolate.

Or both.

And it's amazing what great motivation that can be some days.....
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Usually just naan bread. How boring.
    But, it's like 300 calories for a full piece so it gets the job done enough.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options

you had me at heath bar & birthday cake ice cream.

If i had 700 cal to use up at the end of the week I would probably eat an entire bag of microwave popcorn and a big bowl of cereal.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wine and cheese ... and dates stuffed with chopped walnuts, pecans, and almonds ...
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bourbon.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have a threesome with Messrs Greenfield and Cohen.

AKA I snarf a big bowl of Ben and Jerry's!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

<-- Rouge Chocolate Stout and New Orleans Style Cream Cheese ice cream beer float.
  • texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Giant olives stuffed with blue cheese.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If they're exercise calories and I'm not actually hungry, I just leave them. If I do feel like I need to eat something, I've found that I'm actually enjoying something healthy over junk. (Last night I had 200 calories: a Heath bar or an apple and PB. The latter won.)

I've also been trying to eat more during the day when I do want a snack so I don't have as many calories left in the evening.
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd just enjoy the extra caloric deficit personally (if I wasn't hungry).
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Gelato with nutella. Vanilla ice cream with warm fresh baked cookies. Cake.

But usually gelato with nutella.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options
    I'd just enjoy the extra caloric deficit personally (if I wasn't hungry).

But at what point does extra caloric deficit become an issue. I have over 1500 calories to consume tonight.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    im cuious what your targets are

mine are 160P, 65F, XXXC... the protein adds up to about 1000 calories, the fat is another 600, which leaves me maybe 400 calories for carbs and more if i worked out that day.... I weigh 185

"For those of you with non-ratio macro goals (ie, 1g protein per LBM or whatever), how do you fill your calorie requirements on days when the Macro Gods have you hitting your targets by lunchtime? "

as you can see that isnt an issue unless I did a lot of cardio... i have no wiggle room... when i do its booze, beer, custard, pizza, steak, burgers, cereal, candy, cookies, potstickers, bacon, ribs,
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If I have 500+ calories left to go, I'll often go for a big, thick, ridiculous peanut butter sandwich.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I had the most delicious coconut cream ice cream bar tonight. Oh man it was amazing. I think I'll go for that until the box is gone. And then I'll buy another.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    im cuious what your targets are

mine are 160P, 65F, XXXC... the protein adds up to about 1000 calories, the fat is another 600, which leaves me maybe 400 calories for carbs and more if i worked out that day.... I weigh 185

Other than the rest day, it's 2800-2900 cal/day. 180g P, 70g F and at least 200g C. I do tons of cardio (by MFP standards). Comes to 2150. I'm at 173# LBM. Today was one of those days where I basically hit all three macros on the same meal, which prompted the question.

Some of the suggestions in here were fantastic - I love bourbon, and will grab some nice stouts and porters tomorrow "just in case".

Thank you!