What do you do with excess calories at the end of the day?

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    What is this "excess calories" you talk of????? :huh:

I'm intrigued..........
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. 2800-2900 is near my bulking calories and you have a good deal more lean mass than me.. At those numbers I definitely had a lot more freedom in choices.

Whatever you do, dont eat a poptart. Poptarts suck.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Eat ice cream and hot brownies, like I'ma do tonight!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Calories left over??? I don't even understand the question!!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It really depends what I'm in the mood for, but I rarely have that many calories left because I plan in advance to distribute them evenly throughout the day. Usually I'll have the dessert I planned on, but a bigger portion, if I need more calories.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I made a 3 egg omelette mushrooms sauteed in butter with cheddar mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Rouge Chocolate Stout and New Orleans Style Cream Cheese ice cream beer float.

Pure Win.

There's a brewery in Colorado Springs that serves cinnamon ice cream (the spice, not the candy) in their Oatmeal Stout.

It's Heaven in a beer mug. Literally Heaven.

My extra calories are usually devoted to homebrew.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Trail mix - I love my trail mix. But generally it takes all or most of my calories to get my macros and micros in...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugarsugar
  • krisflower19
    krisflower19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I have left over and i'm not hungry I ignore them. Means i'll weigh less tomorrow
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    eat cookies....or save it for the next day so I can have soda and eat cookies
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Depends on my appetite or carvings. If I have extra and I am not hungry I will save it for another day when I end up going over like today. Not concerned because I had 127 calories to play with from Sunday. Still a little over but not nearly as much as I would have been. All depends on what you want to do.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Updated response below
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I buy them a drink and ask them to come home with me.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused... If your goal is 2,800-2,900 calories per day, your macros should reflect that amount of calories. As you've said, your macros only come up to 2,150. Assuming your goal is to actually eat 2,800-2,900 calories per day, I'd suggest the following link to help you determine how to increase your macros:

http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/#calories
  • GreekGoddess7319
    Options
    What is this "excess calories" you talk of????? :huh:

I'm intrigued..........

I catch glimpses of these mystic "excess calories", but I do not chase them down. I leave mine and don't even bother keeping them in mind later on in the week. If anything, I aim to consumer fewer calories throughout my day because if I don't aim lower, I will soar above my goal. Also, I am bad about saying no to anything with sugar, so by lunchtime, I have usually already shattered any idea of limited sugar . . . I like cottage cheese, though!
  • DarrenM11
    DarrenM11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 2000 calories left over for today. Most of those are exercise calories. If I'm starving I eat something... but most of the time I just let them die.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 2000 calories left over for today. Most of those are exercise calories. If I'm starving I eat something... but most of the time I just let them die.

Poor babies. Just being left to die :sad:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused... If your goal is 2,800-2,900 calories per day, your macros should reflect that amount of calories.

I worked through the math earlier. The link you provided doesn't give a calorie or gram range for carbs, leaving it as "fill in the remaining calories..."

It's the "remaining calories we're talking about here.