dumbest laws you've ever heard of

Options
freak4iron
freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
1. First and foremost....Any law that try's marking somebody who uses any plant for medicine or recreation, a criminal...whats it to you what I do with my body?

2. Public nudity....Seriously don't have the slightest clue as to wtf's the problem?

3. Curfew laws....I think parents can handle setting rules for their kids

4. Public intoxication .....We all do it at festivals and fairs and w/e, why can't the drunk bum do it while he lurks the streets?

Replies

• Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    1. First and foremost....Any law that try's marking somebody who uses any plant for medicine or recreation, a criminal...whats it to you what I do with my body?

2. Public nudity....Seriously don't have the slightest clue as to wtf's the problem?

3. Curfew laws....I think parents can handle setting rules for their kids

4. Public intoxication .....We all do it at festivals and fairs and w/e, why can't the drunk bum do it while he lurks the streets?

will agree they seem stupid laws
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Haha one of my best friends got arrested for public intoxication after our company Christmas party last year. When she came back, everyone was chanting, "I'm locked up, they won't let me out" for days. She was so pissed!
  • freak4iron
    Options
    Haha one of my best friends got arrested for public intoxication after our company Christmas party last year. When she came back, everyone was chanting, "I'm locked up, they won't let me out" for days. She was so pissed!

They should have played the song by Akon "Locked Up" every time she entered the building ;P
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

They should have played the song by Akon "Locked Up" every time she entered the building ;P

A few of us made that song our cell ringtone for her for about a week. lol.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    In Georgia, no more than 8 women can live in a house together or it is legally considered a whorehouse. In college, we could have fraternity houses with a bunch of guys, but we could only have sorority lodges with no more than 8 women. It is an old law, but it is still enforced. Wtf?
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    In Sark, a man is allowed to beat his wife with a stick as long as it's no longer than his forearm and no thicker than his pinkie finger! But only on a Sunday so that's okay!!
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    You asked and these are honest to god true laws from South Carolina
    1) It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina :laugh: OMG there would be so many people in jail if they in forced this one
    2)When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
    3)It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
    4)It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide
    5)By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
    These are only just a few of my favorite dumb laws of SC
    God im such a criminal....:bigsmile:
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the worldwide herbage laws :smile:

In South Africa you have to have a license to buy a television set.
    1) It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina :laugh: OMG there would be so many people in jail if they in forced this one

This is by far the tops!! haha
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    I have seen laws worst than that :tongue:
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well I dont know if these are dumb or not....you tell me.....

** Arkansas Constitution Article 19 Section 1 states that no person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court.

** In College Station, Texas, you can have a restraining order placed on someone from a property (apartment, duplex, business building) however, if the restrained person is invited by another person, they can enter the property legally. Officers can come and tell them there is a restraining order for them at that location, but cannot make them leave if they are with the person who invited them.

** No pilot-in-command of an aircraft shall permit a person to enter or leave the aircraft during flight without a parachute. -- Canada

** Before a man asks for a woman’s hand in marriage, he must be “inspected by all the barnyard animals on the young woman’s family’s property, to ensure a harmonious farm life. -- Raleigh, NC

** Strippers may not come closer than four feet to any customer. -- Spokane, Washington

** No boxing contest shall be conducted, and no contestant shall engage in a contest, between opposite sexes. -- Washington, DC (I thought we were all equal...WTF?)

** Children may not wear a Halloween mask unless they get a special permit from the sheriff. --Walnut, California

** It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream. --Lubbok, TX
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    In many parts of Georgia, it is illegal to sell alcohol on Sundays. Like that will deter anyone ... They'll just stock up on the other days.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    You haven't heard south african laws obviously ;)

1. You're not allowed to kiss in public if you're not 16 or older.

2. It is legalised to have sex (regarding prostitution in our country, to assist in that) if you're 12 years old.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Laws I've heard from turkey:

1. If you are not within 5km radius of you husband, you will be arrested if you do not have a certificate from him stating you may be.

2. If you are raped, you have to have at LEAST 3 other male witnesses in order for you to be considered for the case.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    In many parts of Georgia, it is illegal to sell alcohol on Sundays. Like that will deter anyone ... They'll just stock up on the other days.

same here in south africa
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    In New Mexico you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sunday...I guess Jesus doesn't approve of alcohol sales until after Sunday services or something. NFL kickoff is at 11AM due to our timezone...god help you if you forgot to get your beer the day before...you pretty much have to wait until half time. This law used to also 'f' up brunch...but they recently changed the law to make it ok to get booze before noon so long as you were at a restaurant...guess Jesus doesn't care so long as you're at a restaurant...and probably some services end at 10 or something and people go for early lunch or brunch after services and need their Bloody Mary or whatever.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    In Georgia, no more than 8 women can live in a house together or it is legally considered a whorehouse. In college, we could have fraternity houses with a bunch of guys, but we could only have sorority lodges with no more than 8 women. It is an old law, but it is still enforced. Wtf?

Same thing in Melbourne FL, except it's 5 women lol
  • freak4iron
    Options
    In New Mexico you can't buy alcohol before noon on Sunday...I guess Jesus doesn't approve of alcohol sales until after Sunday services or something. NFL kickoff is at 11AM due to our timezone...god help you if you forgot to get your beer the day before...you pretty much have to wait until half time. This law used to also 'f' up brunch...but they recently changed the law to make it ok to get booze before noon so long as you were at a restaurant...guess Jesus doesn't care so long as you're at a restaurant...and probably some services end at 10 or something and people go for early lunch or brunch after services and need their Bloody Mary or whatever.

gawd jesus is such a confusing fellow...I'm starting to thing he might be mildly mentally handicapped or just an *kitten*.....or both :tongue:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

gawd jesus is such a confusing fellow...I'm starting to thing he might be mildly mentally handicapped or just an *kitten*.....or both :tongue:

Jesus was actually fine with it. It's the Christians who have a problem with it, and it's also amazing how many Christians don't know **** about the actual biblical scriptures, especially in Georgia where I am from. I am pretty sure you can buy alcohol on Sunday in almost all parts of Georgia now. Thank God for that! For years we would stock up on Saturday nights and of course end up drinking it all anyway. Then we would just waste money in bars on Sunday.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Canadian self defence laws /thread

BRB paying careful attention not to "assault" or apply unreasonable force to an intruder that's breaking into my home with a weapon with the sole intention of stealing property and harming anyone that gets in their way.

Logic not even once.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

This is something I never understood when I lived in Georgia before we were allowed to purchase alcohol in stores on Sunday. Why could we buy it in bars and not stores? And why was noon the magic hour when it was ok to drink? Also, why would everyone stare at me when I wanted to have wine with breakfast, but if I poured orange juice in it, then everyone was cool with it? lol.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Any law that binds the use of common sense or logic. They're the "we're going to arrest you because the law says we have to even though you were obviously right considering the circumstances" kind of law.