Logging Weight while in maintenance

Options
13»

Replies

• TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for 2 years now. I weigh myself once a month usually and log it. When I get to the high end of my happy weight (which I'm at now) then I know to clean up my act a bit and will log once a week until I'm back to the low end of my happy weight. I let myself fluctuate between 123-127 and as I get closer to 127 I'll try to clean up my diet and do better. I do log my food every day though, so that helps.

I think this will work for me. Quoting to save. Thanks.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Another person who weighs in regularly to make sure she's still within a 3 pound weight range. I don't want to fall into the "Oh, it's just 7 pounds trap". I also pay attention to how my clothes feel.

I worked really hard to get to my GW and size. It's a much more modest to stay there and ensure I reap the benefits of my hard work.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    While in weight loss mode I paid more attention to measurements and the way I looked and feel instead of the numbers on the scale. That worked out great because I was focused more on fat loss/losing inches and the scale can play with your head.

However, being in maintenance I have found that weighing myself and recording it every Friday morning (before my "relaxed weekend" kicks in) helps to keep me accountable and make sure I am staying in my 5 lbs range. I normally gain a couple of lbs of water weight during the weekend, I lose it over the week and repeat the cycle.