• dewaltfan
    dewaltfan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bumping to catch up
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Tool has been updated again:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927

The tool now auto-configures the first time you run it and imports the necessary data directly from MFP. The only item you will need to enter in the "setup" tab is your estimated Body Fat percent (bf%). If you don't know it, you can use one of the many on-line tools to estimate it.

I've corrected the Ketch McArdle equations that the worksheet uses (I was based on the Wikipedia entry but this was incorrectly stated as BMR and not RDEE; I now use the authors' book as reference).

The tool now has a "scorecard" and evaluates how well you use MFP and if your macro settings make sense, among other things.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Nice-thank you. ;)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    OMG - awesome !!!

Thankyou.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump for a nerd wanna be ;-)
  • Kel1677
    Kel1677 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm gonna download this right now! Thank you so very much for all ur hard work !
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Welcome, please let me know if you have issues or questions.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bumb
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Omigoodness, thank you.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    I've been asked to provide a little more help in using the Data Export Tool, so here is a detailed, step by step guide. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

(Tool can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927)

Set-up

Download and open the Excel workbook (only works in Excel 2013 and 2010 at the moment), you might get a few security warnings that you need to accept and you might need to "enable" the content. If you do not, the macros will not run.
    Prior to extracting your data from MFP, go to the "setup" tab and enter your % Body Fat Estimate. The rest of the parameters do not need to be set up; they will be extracted automatically.

Your Data Download

Go to "Notes and Intro" tab. Press on the "One Click Import" button. An Internet Explorer window will open and a message box will open in the workbook. Wait for a list of number to appear in the Internet Explorer window, then click on the message box to continue. Thats it, the tool will now import all your data. This will take a few minutes but you will see information messages on the workbook.

Reading Your Results and the Different Tabs

"Report Card" - gives you an overall overview of logging, mfp set-up and general tracking. It provides individual notes for a few areas and a compounded score. Let me know if you have questions about any of the "bad" notes you might get.

"Graphs" - provides current weight loss and trends, and overall historical weight data on the left. Right side provides your observed TDEE based on your diary and check in data.

"Macros" - provides an analysis of protein and fat set-up and well as how many grams of each you are "leaving on the table" versus your objectives. Also looks at total calories and macro trends.

"TDEE" - reviews standard TDEE formulas and provides baseline based on current weight and projections on TDEE change if you were to lose/gain weight and either include resistance training or not.

The other tabs are for holding the data and calculations.

If anything is not clear, let me know.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just seen this. In to download later - looks amazing!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Updated today:

V3.13 - Corrected issue with secondary axis in 8 week Macro graph, age issue and Activity Level calculation. Rewrote oTDEE Graph to only show one maximal value per weight

Tool can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927

I'm also taking advantage of this post to explain two graphs:

It is possible to review how much protein and fat one is "leaving on the table" by tracking these macros versus objective. With my own date, here is much fat and protein I've been off from my goals (ignore pre 5/13 data, wasn't tracking well)
    H4rUsEql.png

Also, in a single place, I have average daily Carbs/Fats/Protein and Cals for the last 8 weeks.
    This tells me my protein and fats tracked have been going up over this period - once I have consistent tracking for an 8 week period I can evaluate the direction of these macros and total cals.

mCcD4Ncl.png
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump to come back to
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tagging for finding again later - jic
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Updated Again

v4.01 - Configuration is improved. Import method rewritten to speed up and reduce queries. Now exports cholesterol, sugar, sodium and fiber. Layout and configure changes. Added ignore today button, not fully supported yet.

Tool can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/new-mfp-data-export-tool-major-update-659927
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I can't use the tool because I'm on a Mac, but it gladdens my heart just knowing that someone out there has created this tool (namely, you, EvgeniZyntx).

Thanks for making this tool available to those you have longed for this very capability.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    *bump* and to track in my own feed... Many thanks!!
    Updated Again

v4.01 - Configuration is improved. Import method rewritten to speed up and reduce queries. Now exports cholesterol, sugar, sodium and fiber. Layout and configure changes. Added ignore today button, not fully supported yet.

• Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to make and share this with the world :)
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

THANK YOU for doing this!