Bump to try this as my inner nerd loves graphs and spreadsheets :bigsmile:
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this out! Thank you for sharing!
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump. Not sure if this is toooooo much info for me, but will check it out. Thanks for sharing your work!
  • moksumike
    moksumike Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump, Great idea!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    your screen shots look great - i can't download though - will try in ie later
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Oh snap.

Tagging this.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    In to look at VBA.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Nerd alert

Naaawh, it's not done in C# ;)

Now, if he developed web app with a sql database back end and imported the data in on the other hand... ;)

Nice stuff, though the download link is dead, anyone else upload it please? =)

New version

http://bit.ly/HhXhfF

I've done web apps, and more dev languages than I can think of but I do not want to do this on a web service because I don't want to store people's data.

I've seen that a few people have issues with exporting the weight data so I will look into that.

When I discovered that you could get data out through the XML graphs I did wonder about writing a browser extension to do the TDEE calculation. Of course I didn't do anything about it! A browser extension should be able to present a nice UI without needing to store any data anywhere. It might also be able to use the browser's login so entering a username and password wouldn't be necessary.

Try it. I decided I like working off-line and the meal data is not available through the XML interface.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm getting an error that says macros are corrupt...the popup never comes up at all. Office 2007 and I have IE 10.

For those having the macros corrupt message it is likely that VBA is not installed in 2007. This is an option in the office / excel suite.
    See here:
    http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/822897-excel-corrupt-macro-message.html

Can you go to add/remove program in system and modify your installation to enable VBA? It's an optional install.
    Add it and see if that solves the issue.

If you are having issue, please make sure that VBA is installed in your version of Excel. It is an option.
    Go to add/remove programs and update the Excel Install, choose VBA, yes.

ETA: Also please set your diary to public during the extract.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You also have to set your diary to public! If you just get dates and no macros or calories when running, that is likely it! Thanks - this is awesome!
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    bump
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Calories worked in v6 but couldn't get the weight data. No calories in v9 and none of the weight import works. The third button won't even let me log into MFP, just runs a xml code string. The 2nd button just hangs and the 1st does nothing.
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wanting to check this out at home.

Thanks OP.
  • jeicorsair
    jeicorsair Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You also have to set your diary to public! If you just get dates and no macros or calories when running, that is likely it! Thanks - this is awesome!

That did the trick for me. Thanks for this great tool, OP!