Odd gym experiences...

Options
MuscleAndMascara
MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
Tell my your most uncomfortable, odd, or embarrasing moments that happend at the gym. It doesn't have to be you, It can be something you saw too..

One of mine was:

First day I decided to get ready at the gym before work instead of driving home.. I was in the shower and the fire alarm went off... Almost ran through the gym in a towel.. Yup pretty funny/embarrassing. :)

GO!

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    One of mine was:

First day I decided to get ready at the gym before work instead of driving home.. I was in the shower and the fire alarm went off... Almost ran through the gym in a towel.. Yup pretty funny/embarrassing. :)

GO!

We would prefer to see video surveillance evidence of this....check with the manager...they might still have it on tape. :happy:

Mine was not a big deal but, it's a 24/7 mostly unmanned gym. I used my sensor key to get in and every time you use it, you get a loud female voice over the speaker saying "HAVE A GREAT WORKOUT!" at this very moment, I tripped on the rug and the 3 items I had in my hand went flying in the air. I recovered about 8 feet later after stumbling and looking like a circus clown juggling my items...look around and everyone in the gym has eyes on me. I was pretty smooth about it though. :wink:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Probably the worst was when I smack myself with a hand weight when my friend called to me. I gave myself a bloody nose and all. The rest of the week I had a black eye. That was really dumb and very embarrassing.

Another one that I loved was a guy who farted loud enough for the whole gym to hear when he was doing squats. His spotter ran away while the guy just stood their laughing. He seemed proud of himself.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym that wears enormous headphones, and actively, vehemently air-drums to his music while on the elliptical. I'll choose the machine next to him on purpose, because it's that hilarious.

Another time, I was stretching next to the treadmill, and when I stood back up, I head-butted a guy in right in the jaw.
    Like, all bend-and-snap style, it was incredibly embarrassing. Don't know *what* he was doing so close to me, but I had a bruise on my head for a few days after that. :/
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    oh my God!! That is hilarious.

I love these stories because it happens to the best of us.
    Nothing like a good laugh while getting through the day at work!!!

Keep em coming :)
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    One of the most uncomfortable / odd items is walking into the gym, which is relatively small and empty during the day. This girl was in a sports bra and undies. Since it was only the two of us I did not want to stare. They were not like VS sexy kind, but there were undies from what I could tell. Maybe they have workout clothes like that, but I did not want to stare or ask.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ran into the varsity baseball coach in the locker room just as he got out of the shower.
    He proceeded to talk to me for 10 minutes, butt-nekid! That was very, very awkward.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    When I was training for college I was doing power cleans. I squated down to get the weight and couldn't hold it in and let one rip loud. There was only 4 people in the gym my buddy didn't say anything the trainer didn't say anything, but this lady damn near dropped a bar bell on her cause she couldn't stop laughing.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Ran into the varsity baseball coach in the locker room just as he got out of the shower.
    He proceeded to talk to me for 10 minutes, butt-nekid! That was very, very awkward.

It never fails there is always one guy who wants to talk to everyone while he is butt *kitten* naked. This happened to me before and after about 5 min I was like dude get dressed or go hit the shower I'll talk to you later I gotta go.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    HAHA some women are like that too! But it doesn't bother me at all...
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My most uncomfortable memory at the gym was when I was getting undressed so I could put on my swimsuit and hit the pool. There was a woman next to me who kept complimenting every piece of clothing I took off and every body part that was revealed. It started to feel like I was giving her a striptease but thankfully a changing stall opened up and I was able to escape. I think she was trying to be nice but it was just super awkward instead.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago in the locker room at the gym was a very large woman completely naked from the waist down. She was wearing a sports bra but nothing else. Just standing there chatting away with her friends....I thought jeeeeez...... I wish I was that comfortable in my own skin to stand basically completly naked in front of starngers. I mean, I could see letting the girls naked and free but the va-jayjay is another story! :laugh:
  • WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The last step class I went to I fell off. Not just a trip, like a full sprawled on the floor fall. Lots of gasps from around me, although nobody asked me if I was alright which I thought was a bit bad.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs everyone :)
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I remember doing Body Balance at one gym....and we're doing a certain pose (can't remember which one, it's been 2 years since it happened) and I was trying so so hard to keep it in....but I passed wind and I was hoping it was going to be quiet...nope.. it was loud and it was in a 'relaxed' track.

I was so mortified I never went back to that class.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy knock himself out with one of those big springs that have handles on either end. He bent it into a u-shape, and one handle slipped out of his hand and it just clocked him right under the chin. Out.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump for more laughs :laugh:
  • 2DogsBarking
    Options
    Old guy didn't realize that when squatting in basketball shorts, everyone in the gym gets a full view through his mirror at his entire package.

Even after he realized, he didn't stop...

I can never eat raisins again....
  • Shateyn
    Shateyn Posts: 71
    Options
    It's endless with me.

Every time I get off a machine seat and leave a sweaty *kitten* print. Try to wipe it off before the trainer notices but we both know it's there.

When my trainer tells me he knows I'm at my max weight because I'm "making the poop face that people only make when it's working"

Falling off bosu balls. Not particularly graceful.

When I a friend and I'm all smiles and upon further inspection it is not said friend at all, but a complete stranger.

When I try to adjust a machine but it's stuck so I jiggle the nobs around for 5 mins before asking someone who is stronger or admit defeat and walk away like a newb.

When my trainer tied my knees together with resistance bands and made me do side stepping squats down the track. So effective but feels slightly degrading.

When my trainer is trying to explain an exercise to me and I am trying to keep a serious face but that damn "what does fox say" comes on (why is that even on the radio?!)

I've been known to walk into walls randomly even though I've been going to the same gym for over a year.

The way the bathroom entrances are designed are ridiculous because you can't see around the corner and ladies walk fast apparently because I nearly collide with someone on my way in/out every day.

and who hasn't let one slip in yoga? Especially when you're cutting down calories and have a very veggie dense diet... if you haven't, you're doing it wrong.

like I said...endless.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    When I first started at the gym I was having a consultation with a training trainer. This super hot trainer was supervising. I had a heart rate monitor on, and the trainer was like we are going to do a 12 minute run to test your fitness level. The hrm start going nuts, and the hot guy is staring and finally has to ask if I'm ok. Shame.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    In college I was at the men's changing room about to hit the showers. Just as I took my towel off and walked into shower area, there was a naked lady just showering there. I panicked and thought I was in the women's showers, so I tried to stop on my tracks which wasn't the best idea with the wet floor. I busted my butt and banged my elbow on the wall. So I backed out real fast through the changing area to the hall to make sure I was in the right showers. Sure enough I was, so I just told the girl behind the towels counter, and she went and got a guy and all of us went back in.

When we got back in, no one was there! The dude (knew me from around campus and the gym) cracks a joke about me trying to get this girl to come into the showers area. Now I'm going crazy and to add insult to injury I'm being considered a creep (the girl didn't think the joke was funny).

A couple of month later while eating on campus with some friends (three of them were on the Water Polo team) all of them started to laugh. I asked them what did I miss they said the Naked pool lady. I was confused and looked at who they were pointing at. It WAS THE LADY from the shower! So they went on explaining how the team people saw her walk into the men's area after doing laps a couple of month ago, and they said she came out running naked after like 5 minutes of being in there. So they started to make all these crazy stories about what happened in those 5 minutes.

They didn't believe me when I told my side of the story but I didn't care cause it meant I wasn't crazy and imagined some lady. It got funnier because she was a PhD student who taught a class in the same building as some of my classes the spring after the incident.