'it's the scales fault!' stories

2»

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    With my last scale it was at the end of it's life and you would gain like 10 lbs everytime you stepped on it (as in, you would step on it, get off, get back on and be 10 lbs heavier). It kept getting worse and worse so it was retired.

My new scale is a lot more reliable.

i think this may be where we are with these ones, but step one is a new battery :)

We tried replacing the batteries, didn't help.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    With my last scale it was at the end of it's life and you would gain like 10 lbs everytime you stepped on it (as in, you would step on it, get off, get back on and be 10 lbs heavier). It kept getting worse and worse so it was retired.

My new scale is a lot more reliable.

i think this may be where we are with these ones, but step one is a new battery :)

We tried replacing the batteries, didn't help.

bugger! might be buy-a-new-one time then
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Haha....yesterday actually my friend was at my house and accused my scales of being 10lbs too heavy! He's always been the tall, lanky sort but over the past year or so he has delevoped a bit of a belly...which of course has nothing to do with his weight going up by 10lbs at all...it's the scales!! ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    The scale we had before the one I am using now, in 7 days I gained from 190 to 200 pounds. I was pregnant w/ #3 of 4 and was sure my doctor was going to blast me for not staying on my gestational diabetes diet. I get to the doc, I'd lost a pound since my last visit there. I go home, scale says 200 pounds. Hubby gets home, I made him weigh. 200 lbs. At work on the cargo scale he had weighed in at 235 fairly recently. Put my 6 year old on the scale. You guessed it, 200 lbs.

Come to find out, the 3 yo had been jumping up and down on it "to see the numbers move" and broken the inner workings to pieces...
  • trudijoy
    Haha....yesterday actually my friend was at my house and accused my scales of being 10lbs too heavy! He's always been the tall, lanky sort but over the past year or so he has delevoped a bit of a belly...which of course has nothing to do with his weight going up by 10lbs at all...it's the scales!! ;)

over a year, probably not the scales. over ten seconds, definitely the scales.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I cleaned my digital scale with bleach, and afterwards, it told me I weighed 37 pounds. Easiest 100 pounds I ever lost! :drinker:

Don't use harsh chemicals to clean your scales. Unless you want the weight of a toddler.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    My cat is addicted to my scale

9732266377_b4974cc0e9_m.jpg
    image by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

Personally I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns.....this morning it said I was at goal weight only to change it's mind and putting me 5 pounds higher :angry: tease
  • trudijoy
    The scale we had before the one I am using now, in 7 days I gained from 190 to 200 pounds. I was pregnant w/ #3 of 4 and was sure my doctor was going to blast me for not staying on my gestational diabetes diet. I get to the doc, I'd lost a pound since my last visit there. I go home, scale says 200 pounds. Hubby gets home, I made him weigh. 200 lbs. At work on the cargo scale he had weighed in at 235 fairly recently. Put my 6 year old on the scale. You guessed it, 200 lbs.

Come to find out, the 3 yo had been jumping up and down on it "to see the numbers move" and broken the inner workings to pieces...

Hmm. we have to stomp on ours to make them go. I weigh around 180 lb and my flatmate is huge, so maybe we've broken them!
  • trudijoy
    changed the batteries yest...and measured at a new low last night and only a few hundred gm heavier this morning. WOOHOO!
  • My scale will change by 5 pounds in 10 seconds. I probably weigh myself like 10 times and hope with all my might it will keep getting lower and lower. Totally changing the battery tonight!